1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4squared

4x4squared New Member 100 Posts

They are kinda badass lol ill try gettin a video or something up here soon so ya can hear it :D
  2. dadngt

dadngt New Member 100 Posts

Looking good. White my other favorite truck color. A color matched tailgate handle would look great too.
  3. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member 100 Posts

Yes, i have to get around to quite a bit more color matching still but its coming along nicely haha :great:
  4. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Member 100 Posts

Believe it or not went back to the dealership again today for the 5th time due to CEL this time they once again tried to say that the OEM gas cap that I just bought from them last month was either aftermarket or bad.... after I explained to them again that I had just recently bought it from them they ran a "smoke" test and said that it was in fact a bad gas cap and they put another new gas cap on... now I get to see how long I can drive before I get another CEL.. Hopefully this time it really is fixed, but after two new gas caps, a vent solenoid, and a pressure sensor, and 5 total trips to the dealer, I am wondering why they didn't just do the "smoke" test the first time? This dealer is about 30 or so miles away so I have wasted some gas and time for this tomfoolery.. and there is a closer dealership but they have some bad rep around here so I have steered clear of them.. I think I might have to give them a shot if my CEL comes on again though..

ok done whining.. :sign0020:
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

took some neat pics of it tonight, try to get them on here tomorrow.

Alex
  6. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well Today I Debadged my truck. Except for the front and rear bowties. I no longer acknowledge the Phantom as a Rocky Ridge truck. Also removed the Flex fuel badge, model letters, and the z71 decals. Put a little twist of my own with decals on it. Check out my shocker shocks:lol:

logo3.jpg logo2.jpg logo1.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  7. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 New Member 100 Posts

Looking good man!
  8. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My girl got a fresh oil filter and some fresh oil today. also added some lubricant to her joints where necessary. Removed the dealers badge(finally). No need to advertise for a bad service organization.
    Also got a state inspection and emissions so I can renew registration. took her for a drive and turned over to 27,000 miles.
    New dealer offered me a high dollar for a trade in but I am not sure I want another new truck.
  9. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The Phantom is looking good. I like the recent changes you've made to the truck. I've been thinking of removing the Sierra badge from my tailgate. I definitely wanted to the leave the badges on the door. I don't have a cool name for my truck like you.
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I removed the storage portion of the center console in order to gain access to the vestigial rear vents, which have been a source of vibration/rattling when the bass hits. I then sealed these vestigial vents using expanding silicon sealant. They are curing now and will need to be checked, trimmed, and reinstalled, tomorrow. I also removed the driver and passenger side door panel pockets and insulated them completly using an adhesive-backed rubber pipe wrap such that they no longer rattle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.