1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadngt

dadngt New Member

Only thing I did with my truck today was get my sunglasses out of it but I did hit the road for the day with my Kids & Parents via their Silverado.
    dadstruck.JPG
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

Only real thing I did was poured a tad bit of seafoam into my oirl and gonna change it tomorrow probably with Royal Purnurple and a K&N filter. Gonna clean out the inside and thats about it unless I disconnect the LEDs behind the speaker mesh...too bright.
  3. Ape

Ape New Member

I installed a nice and loud air horn set up in the Burb today. :happy:
    I got tired of people cutting me off or turning right in front of me like I was some small invisible hybrid. So now I'll get to leave a lasting impression on the idiots of the road. :glasses:
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

What did you install? A pre-made unit or did you roll your own? I'm asking because I am toying with the idea of installing one and it'd be nice to pick someone's brain on it...
  5. Ape

Ape New Member

It was just a cheap 3 horn set up from Harbor Freight. I have no idea on how to make my own, but I'd LOVE to find out how to do one of those super loud one's that sound like a train!
    But this one will suffice for the job at hand. The packaging says it's rated at 135 decibles. I have no way of decerning whether or not that's accurate other than to say it's at least 2 times louder than my stock horns.
  6. SurrealOne

Awww I was hoping you did a train horn. That's the path I'm considering...
  7. Ape

Ape New Member

Well if you ever figure out how to do it such as where to get the horns and what type of compressor to use.....Let me know! As I said above, I'd LOVE to put something like that in the Burb someday! :glasses:
  8. SurrealOne

I do well enough with electrical; that's not my issue. Mount locations are the concern as I'm very tight on space under the hood and am willing to give up zero bed space or cab space for the tank...
  9. Ape

Ape New Member

I take it a set up like that would require a seperate tank to store the needed amount of compressed air??
  10. SurrealOne

That's what I've read. There are some compressors that might do the job for short bursts but I'd prefer to have a 3-6 gallon tank on board. That means on-board air which can get spendy... and if I'm going to do it I might as well do it in such a way that I can run air tools off it, too. :) I'm in no rush on this project; it's going to be a long, long while, I think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.