1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

You can listen to samples of them on the site. I would love to have one of these in my truck. 170db is loud. I think that I have a stepper motor going out in my instrument cluster and my CD player is now taking and ejecting discs s-l-o-w-l-y. So, I will address those issues first. Then I will try to find a way to talk my wife into it. A guy cut us off last night on the freeway and it helped my case. I think that a 170db train horn would make someone urinate themselves. The site says that it can be heard from up to 4 miles away.
  2. Ape

Ape New Member

Oh ya! I listened to the samples! That's why I said it's the sound I've been wanting to put into my Burb. I'd love to drop one in right now, but I just got done dropping a crate motor in it and now I'm in the middle of working on the body so I can throw some new paint on it.
    But someday.......... :great:
  3. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member

Drove it for the first time in a week yesterday. The wife has been driving it since it's about a 40 mile round trip to get to work. I hate Volkswagen's.
  4. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Member

Believe it or not my CEL light came on again on my way to work today. This will be the sixth trip to the dealership in less than 2 months. For those who haven't followed my posts/rants about this, I am on the second new OEM gas cap, new fuel pressure sensor, and new fuel solenoid.. Last week they said they did a "smoke" test and it pointed to the gas cap.. I just don't know anymore, my '07 only has 26,xxx light miles on it, I just don't understand how a GM ASE technician can't fix this after so many attempts..
  5. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts

Man this has got to be discouraging. This is a warranty issue for sure. You need to tell them to take your truck give you a loaner and don't call you until it's fixed. This can't continue like this. I am pissed off for you. Sorry dude I hope this gets fixed soon. You might have to try that other dealership like you once suggested.:grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr::fighting0019:
  6. Scooter

Scooter New Member

Wish I could afford some of those horns, I just opted for these cheap ones for now. I was more interested in seeing how I would install. download (1).jpg download.jpg download (2).jpg
    Heres the Switches
  7. 06 DuRaMaX

06 DuRaMaX New Member

Just washed and waxed my truck it's a beauty ......the looks I get :glasses:when I'm rolling down my neighborhood are priceless")
  8. Ape

Ape New Member

I feel for ya Mo :-/ I just went through some similar headaches with my crate motor change. I wont bore you with the long drawn out details, but I will tell you it drove me nuts and had me acting outside of my normal character with service techs towards the end of it all.

I hope they finally get it all worked out for you and it runs trouble free for many years to come. But I will say that I've been a detractor of newer vehicles for a long time now just for these types of reasons. So many electronics and extra junk on them that they are almost designed to be problematic and not last for the long haul. :-/

Everytime I hear an add tralking about how much more a computer will do for the new models, all I can think is "Oh boy, something else to fail and cause problems!"
    1 person likes this.
  9. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Job security for the engineers.
    I washed my girl and then waxed her as I was finishing a dazed woman backed into my front bumper. She then said she didn't back into me cause it was in neutral. HUH? Yup thats what I said. 7 witnesses and she still says she wasn't rolling backwards. No visible damage to front end of my vehicle but the toyta may need services from a body shop.
    Going to have shop check out all front end components and make sure everything is where it needs to be.
    But my girl still loves to show off after her wash and wax. Oh also rotated and balanced tires for her
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Today I researched (and measured for) adjustable drop hitches ... and narrowed my preferences down to a 6" (adjustable) drop hitch from either DiversiTech (http://www.diversi-tech.net/Hitches Page.htm) or Andersen Manufacturing (http://www.andersenhitches.com/Catalog/rapid-hitch.aspx). I liked the locking mechanisms and tight integration of the Diversitech offerings the best, however, I also realized that they are over-engineered for my use, as I will need an external locking mechanism and additional key to keep my receiver cover in place -- which basically negates all the nice locking stuff and single key approach the Diversitech offerings have going on.

I also noted that Diversitech only offers 2" & 2 5/16" ball combos; there was no 1 7/8" & 2" ball combo option from Diversitech. I'm far more prone to needing 1 7/8" or 2" than something larger, as I've only got a 1500 (and, thus, won't be towing monster loads that need huge hitch balls), thus, I ordered the 6" drop Rapid Hitch with 1 7/8" & 2" ball combo -- made by Andersen Manufacturing. Hopefully I see it by the middle of next week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.