1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks likea good hitch @surreal. im gonna try and get an exhaust vid of my truck today, no promises.

Alex
  2. RAV52202

RAV52202 Member 100 Posts

I put a new gas tank in the old girl. 200,000 miles.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I drove it today and need to put gas in it:grrrrrr:
  4. dsfloyd

I hope you like the hitch. I have 2 that I carry. The first pic is a Masterlock Adjustable (2841AT but I think its discontinued) its a 7 3/4" drop to 6 1/4" rise. It was $75 at kragen. the thing I liked was that you can adjust the height with the trailer attached for leveling using a 7/8 wrench or 3/8 ratchet (has a worm drive type setup in the main drop section). Its a very solid hitch. I have a 2" ball on this one. The second one I carry is a cheap adjustable one (harbor freight $25) with a 1 7/8" ball that I use for a small water trailer (about 900lbs) at work. It has up to 11" drop and 10" rise. Needed this one because of the short trailer. even with the 11" drop the front end is still up a little on the trailer but close.

Attached Files:

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=26043]dsfloyd[/MENTION], the Master Lock 2841AT is still sold; Tools Now, an Amazon vendor, has it on Amazon's site for about 80 bucks. I looked at it and liked the concept, but in reading the reviews I noticed multiple individuals reporting that there's a dead zone where it can't adjust. (i.e. it can only do about 2" drop to 7" drop .... and 2" rise to 7" rise; it apparently cannot do anything between +2" and -2".)

I toyed with the idea of a 10" drop Rapid Hitch from Andersen Manufacturing but felt that'd be too much for most of my needs (and was worried about scraping in some situations). If I find I need more drop it I can simply order the 10" shank and transfer the other parts to it, when needed in the field ... in 20 seconds flat, which is a win. Spendy, though...
  6. dsfloyd

I could see where the +/- 2" would be not useable as you cant adjust through the block, but thats where the screw drive is for the adjustment with it loaded, plus with the height of my truck I am not sure where I would even use that. every trailer so far has been at the bottom of the drop. I liked the Idea of being able to adjust loaded. the larger drop one was simply a solution for the really small trailer and probably wont be used for anything else, the angle was just rediculous with the 7 3/4 inch drop. I saw the one you got and its a very nice hitch, and is one that I had looked at when I was checking out hitches. And isnt everything way too spendy, especially on our trucks:lol:.

Also, the mods you have done to your truck are looking great:great:. I will have to hit you up if I need help/advice when/if I ever get around to upgrading the big 3.
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Not everything is spendy ... but it seems like the things I want/like are rarely cheap. :(

Thanks for the compliment; just shoot me a PM if you have Big 3 questions or if you think I can save you time on material selection; the upgrade is easy but the devil is in the details. (1st rule on this one: don't skimp on your wire; avoid CCA.)
  8. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

[MENTION=51569]Ape[/MENTION], [MENTION=54354]LOVINTHESTORM[/MENTION] Thanks, I haven't had a chance to take it back in yet, but yeh it is irritating..hopefully the next time i take it in they will figure it out.
  9. xsparky

xsparky Rockstar

I took off my grill and painted it with the dupli-color shadow chrome black out kit. Cleaned it up with dupli-color grease and wax remover then painted it and I thanks it came out good. the more coats you put on it the darker it gets. Here the pics of before and after DSCN5891.jpg IMAG0142.jpg
  10. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I installed blackouts on my headlights and taillights. I went with the GTS smoke covers... I was worried about the driving and turn signals showing thru but they are still pretty bright thru the covers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.