What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trucking

Trucking New Member

Pulled the driver's window switches out and disassembled and cleaned the contacts to resolve an intermittent operation condition with the rear and r/f windows. Pulled the headlight and dimmer switch assy, disassembled and cleaned in an attempt to get rid of a buzzing sound out the l/f speakers, no luck on this one.
  2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Almost sold it a week ago.... Still haven't found one to replace it "yet" that meets the specs I am looking for, there are some candidates though.

And, no the hood candy does not come with the truck.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

made a trip to pick up a steal i found on Craigs list. pics on what i got tomorrow.... alox already knows....

Alex
  4. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

Today I drove around and gathered up the last few parts for my remote fuel filter setup for my Duramax. Then I installed all the fittings and ball valves into the filter heads with teflon tape and such. Tomorrow I will drill the bolt holes to mount the filter heads, cut into and tap the fuel lines with compression fittings, and run the 1/2" fuel hose to the filter heads. Then I won't have to worry about the factory fuel filter letting dirt into my injectors. And as an added bonus, the CAT fuel filter is less expensive to replace than the factory GM one and will filter so much better that my GM filter should have a very long lifespan.
  5. So yesterday, Got three or four miles down the road and something gave near the ds front tire. Started making a terrible creaking/scraping/swishing sound. I then turned around and have the wheel pulled off in the driveway. My problem now is the bolts that hold the brake pad holders won't budge. I soaked them with about 20 coats of PB blaster trying to remove each time between coats. I finally gave into my frustration and called it a day.

I'm heading out for me vs brake pad holder bolts round 2 in a bit. If that is a fail I plan on calling my friend with air tools. Hopefully the issue will become visible once I get it apart some more.

On a lighter note I did let temptation get the best of me in between sprays of PB Blaster...
    IMAG0773.jpg
    I like...
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

Finally. Got my ram air hood on along with the grille and bumper. Today I'm going to adjust the bumper to make it flush and run all the electrical.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally. Got my ram air hood on along with the grille and bumper. Today I'm going to adjust the bumper to make it flush and run all the electrical.

Attached Files:

7. Sierraowner5.3

went to a buddys house and he helped me install my new TOW MIRRORS. super happy with the look.

Alex
  8. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

You know what's coming next Alex... PICS!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. Sierraowner5.3

i would have taken some, but by the time we got done and I ate something it was dark, so the pics would have been crap.

Alex
  10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Picked up a bunch of lumber to re-finish the aging wood planks on the deck and deck railing.... fun times tomorrow....
  11. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Today I inspected bank 2 sensor 2 closely and found no wiring issue that might cause the P0161 oxygen sensor code I recently had crop up. So, I cleared the code and then drove around to take care of my errands ... and it didn't come back up. *shrug*

Later I added a drain valve and flexible drain tube to my coalescing filter, so it's ready for installation and plumbing as soon as I mount the front air manifold.
  12. Silverado 2005 LS

Silverado 2005 LS New Member

Drove it to work and found I had a nail in my tire... Patched that. And we'll here's the nail. Thankfully caught it at work and patched it on my lunch break. Got to use a backloaded to lift up the back of my truck, but was not able to get a pic(pissed at myself) but here a pic of the nail....

( and I keep every nail or screw that I pull out of any of my vehicles tires)

Attached Files:

13. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

went mudding, drove around looking for a job, washed it. [​IMG]
  14. Sierraowner5.3

installed these yesterday!

Alex

Attached Files:

15. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Carefully spent 6ish hours making my way into the driver's side dash bit by bit ... and driving the truck each time I removed something ... to track a squeak that's been driving me mad.

No luck in the dash or even under it, so it had to be outside the truck. As it turns out, the metal shielding around the parking brake cable was rubbing on something outside the truck ... and the cable was carrying the sound into the truck (as cables under tension are apt to do). I zip tied it in place and the squeak was gone.

Sadly. I was running out of daylight so I had to reassemble the driver's side of things quickly ... and think I introduced a new rattle in the process. I'm 100% sure that's in the cab .. and I'll dig into isolating it, next weekend.
  16. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

THIS WEEKEND:

got to go home to san antonio early, so I had thursday night until sunday morning to do stuff...

1) Mounted my JD2 bender dead center into our guest house garage using female concrete anchors (so it can be moved if necessary)
    -looks pretty SEXY i must say... ;)

2) Began my custom front bumper build
    -bent my main bumper tube (1.5" schedule 40 steel pipe)
    -removed my stock bumper
    -cut off the frame horns with a saw-zaw
    -did a light wipe down of most of the front end frame, and sprayed some rustoleum truck bed coating on it, to prevent rust on the fresh cuts while i take my time making my bumper over the next, however many weeks it takes.

3) Removed all driver and passenger side moldings
    -just earlier tonight used my astro eraser pad mounted in a standard drill to remove all the adhesive (got all expect top adhesive strip on driver door, and both adhesive strips on passenger door before drill battery died, put on charger and went to the gym)

4) Cut and installed 3/4" MDF into my toolbox for a mountable floor just like @SurrealOne has done with his.
    -removed toolbox tray and trashed it
    -everything is very clean and organized in my toolbox now!

threads with pictures to follow soon!
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  17. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

Yesterday I drilled some holes into the frame of the flatbed on my Duramax and bolted on 2 fuel filter heads. Then I cut a section out of the fuel line running to the engine and installed a compression fitting on the rear section and one on the front section. Then I ran fuel hose to the 2 filter heads. I installed the fuel/water separator and the CAT fuel filter and primed the truck. Now I don't have to worry about dirt and crap getting into my diesel injectors and the cat filter will only cost $20 to replace and the crappy expensive factory filter will have an extremely long lifespan.

Today I did a one day road trip in the Avalanche to go buy a tool for my company. I got a great deal and the guy I bought it from even threw in a few extra tools.
  18. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

This morning I:
    • Ordered a 2", 200psi 1/4" NPT gauge to replace the one I trashed over the weekend using spray-on Goo Gone to try to remove a sticker. (How they heck did I know it'd melt the plastic off the face?!)
    • Ordered a set of Shocker XL's from hornblasters.com so I can figure out where to mount them
    • Ordered eight 7/16" (ID) ferrite chokes
    • Ordered 18yd of 1/2" wide copper shielding tape with conductive adhesive
    • Ordered 36yd of 1/4" wide copper shielding tape with conductive adhesive
    • Ordered 100' of 1/8" expandable braided mesh (for protecting wires)

Clearly I've got a little EMI problem on the truck that I want to address this weekend. :)
  19. pikefisher

pikefisher New Member

I cleaned the inside of mine, Its been a long winter!
  20. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

Drove a lot and then changed my friends tire that got slashed. Who would think that the best 400m runner in the state would have a lot of enemies.(not me the friend with the slashed tire).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.