1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Installed The Black Box Ultimacool Duo 5% precut window film to my rear passenger windows and rear window today. I was quite impressed how well the film went on but I do have some concerns. First of all it appears the film may have not been cut large enough hieght wise to get below the seal on the bottom of the windows. Leaving only a 1/16" gap(if that) at the top and it appeared to be 1/4"+ from reaching the lower seal. Im hoping that the seal does not catch the film when I roll the window down after the recommended cure time of 72 hours. Also I was finishing up towards dark and I put a spotlight on the film and can see what appears to be scratches I put into the film with the supplied squeegie. I dont think I will notice them under normal interior lighting conditions but can see them well with the spotlight on them. I have the same film except in 20% for the front side windows that im going to attempt probably Sunday so I can leave the windows up for the week (since I usually dont drive it weekdays) and allow them to cure. I will post some pics after I get the front windows completed.
  2. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

I got my grilles installed, the drums painted and the truck cleaned for my trip to Metropolis in the morning for the Superman Celebration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. black98noma

black98noma New Member

put an s&b cold air intake in... super easy install and i got around 8 more mpgs.. def worth it!!! i would highly recommend this CAI!! thanks to justin at eastern offroad in virginia beach for the guidance!!!
  4. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

Took my baby for a ride then wash and back home.
  5. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks great. Like to see some pics of those calipers.
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

Gonna clean it out and off and maybe shine her up a tad and take her to the funeral...I mean wedding of my buddy.
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

hehe, funeral is about right.... i mean, I love you honey! :rofl:

Alex
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I removed the contents of my truck box, the custom organizer from the truck box, and the truck box from the bed. I also removed the OEM spare tire and took a heat gun to some scratched plastics to minimize the scratches.
  9. dadngt

dadngt New Member

I went to a carshow that I found out about the other day so not alot of time to try out the truck on the show circut. While there there was 10 catagories but there wasn't even 10 vehicles there. Couple of the should have been rolled of the hill like a VW truck that was rotted out. Was a couple rat rods that are susposed to look rotted out lol. Was a quick trip through spent about $10 for food, drinks, $2 donation to be entered in a drawing & before we left one of our numbers was drawn to wind a pretty nive leather biker vest. $20 value lol now I just need a bike.
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Installed the rest of my window film today. Im not happy with the drivers window as I got a couple hairline bubbles in it that the heat gun just wont get out. So im going to rip it off and try again. Happy with the other windows so far. (havent rolled windows down yet) Also installed a 60" l.E.D. bar under the tailgate to hopefully prevent me from getting pulled over due to the directional l.e.d. taillights ive got. And I also removed the stock spare tire that wouldnt help me even if I did get a flat. No sense in carrying around unnecessary wieght.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.