1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I installed my new Rapid Hitch. Very nice piece of equipment. Too bad my weekend road trip had to be canceled; I was going to review it. :(
  2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Got the Truck back from the transmission shop that I do not want to support because the over charged me but the truck is running and the transmission work was under warranty but they did not replace the flex plate the first time.
  3. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member 100 Posts

I haven't done the calipers yet. They are on my to-do list but I just bought a new Harley and its taking up what little free time I have right now.
  4. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I had the headliner replaced... Not that the original was falling down, but it was nasty discolored and had a few rips in it. The guys showed up, had the headliner out in about 45 seconds, re covered it in factory looking material with new foam backing and had it back in in less than 15 minutes for the amazing low price of $55.00. Awesome! It looks fantastic!
  5. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Washed and vacuumed . filled with go go juice
  6. Ape

Ape New Member 100 Posts

WOW! I wish I had a connection like that here in Colorado!
  7. dadngt

dadngt New Member 100 Posts

I like the Turtle wax Spray wax it does wonders on black in between regular wax jobs. Like a black diamond. But I've been called "Sick and obsessive" from someone on here for washing my truck some much, they said its bad for the paint (scratches and such) but washing clothes wears them out fast & washing your hands alot causes them to dry out so I'll just be Sick & obsessive & not offending anyone with dirty clothes, b.o. or a nasty truck. WHOO.

Oh & for what I did to my truck today I picked up a cell phone holder to put in one of those openings next to the ac controls because I use my phone as an mp3 player while driving. Not important enough to have ne calls while driving.
  8. RallySTX

RallySTX New Member 100 Posts

I say a clean truck is a beautiful thing. Just avoid power washing as it can inject water where you don't want it to get into. Rinse with garden hose, wash with bucket of soapy water, rerinse with low pressure, then Turtle Wax it till it blinds ya! I go to the National Pride sometimes, but even then I use the lowest amount of pressure I can get. The spray on wax these days is pretty good. Soap can dry your skin, too much water can cause truck issues, but doing nothing is worse.
    Brian L.
  9. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You might have one. These guys travel from job to job in a cargo van loaded with rolls of material, a folding banquet table, an air compressor for glue and a tool box. Their primary business is car lots. Make buddies at a car lot and find out who they use. Chances are that you will find that there is a guy there that does the same thing!
  10. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member 100 Posts

So i guess i have a question... if a man (me) were 100 miles away from his truck(s) for an extended amount of time (may 17th-current)... does WISHING and THINKING about doing stuff to them count??

..I miss my babies lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.