GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Yea, I noted that, too -- which is strange because it's counter-productive. Why be a community member on a forum, have something to contribute, and not do it? Ya know?
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

I agree! If I asked you for exact details about your on board air system I bet that you would give me a detailed description of parts used. Heck, you might even pass along some drawings. I asked about the LED conversion multiple times and have just been sent to a site to buy them. I don't know what resistors to buy or what leds to buy. So, screw it! I did it old school.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I got the same kind of reply. It sometimes makes me wonder if the individual is a sales rep, lol.
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

ahh tis' true. just had to know why
  5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Its better to be safe then sorry and though its a little earlier than I need to, I ordered spark plugs and spark plug cables to do a basic tune up tonight.
  6. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

though it was not my gm truck i worked on, I did help a friend ('96 ford explorer) who ran into a ditch, crumbing his radiator and engine cooling fan into eachother ruing them, obviously by replacing his radiator and fan, but he still has some weird noise... truck runs though now :)
  7. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

My truck is about to turn the big 40k on the odo so time for a little tune up. New iridium spark plugs and a K&N filter. I'll do the trans fluid/filter next paycheck.
  8. yotchie

yotchie Member

K&N filter, Chrome avs ventvisors and aeroskin
  9. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

Got a "job" weedeating for my brother's friend's dad. So I drove to his house. I was just paid $60 for 2 hours of work.
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Today I:

• Added a gallon of RainX 2-In-1 washer fluid since the reservoir was low
    • Added a diode to my custom Bussmann relay box to trigger the twin LED bars when the high beams are activated
    • Tested for proper high beam behaviour -- wow, now that's some light output!
  11. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

Friday I installed my new battery terminals and chassis ground. Saturday I added seafoam to the fuel tank and then changed my oil. Oil is now Synthetic with a Delco filter.
  12. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Start my annual rust prevention... cleanup the underside and have applied the rust converter.
  13. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Today I:

• Decided that I'm completely unhappy with the leak levels in my copper plumbing, as they seem to be made worse by vibration
    • Researched vibration-resistant pneumatic solutions and opted to completely replumb the system with the sort of thing used for air brake systems
    • Researched materials that exceed the usual 150psi dot rating, as I'm building around 200psi as the working pressure (and will probably run 145-170ish psi, for safety ... or possible 160-200psi, depending on comfort level)
    • Ordered appropriate brass push-to-connect fittings and reinforced 1/2" OD nylon tubing
    • Ordered a Ridgid plastic/nylon tubing cutter
    • Ordered Loctite 545 pneumatic thread sealant
    • Made my peace with tearing the on board air system apart and replumbing it from ground zero; at least it's only the plumbing that has to be redone ... and the nylon tubing and push-to-connect fittings are a heck of a lot less work to install than their copper and compression counterparts
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
  14. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I got my leather cleaner and conditioner out and scrubbed my steering wheel and driver seat with a fingernail brush and leather cleaner before i conditioned them. It takes a really long time to scrub seats down that way but they look really nice now. It got the glossiness from 10 years of dirt and oil off the leather (leather cleaner without scrubbing doesn't work nearly as well for this). I decided I'd do the rest of the seats tomorrow or something since it took so long to do the first one.
  15. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

Started pricing new brake rotors, brake pads, hubs/bearings, leveling kits, engine belts and alternators - all the next things to do on my truck.
  16. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

hauled our old 1980 ford mustang to the junk yard on a double axle trailer with my truck, after we held a "smash a car" for it making some money for charity... Junkyard gave me $200.00 for it!
  17. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

It's a Ford. They overpaid. I'm surprised you didn't have to pay them to take it off your hands. :gasp:
  18. LBAR1

LBAR1 New Member

Did some data logging for Lew to create me a custom Diablo tune.
  19. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I took mine for an estimate to see how much it would cost to have paintless dent removal done on the most recent door ding. Fortunately, my girlfriend was in the truck when it happened, so we got the info of the woman who did it and she will be paying for the repair.
  20. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

Yesterday I made my new engine ground and starter cables which I will install this weekend/week. Also my friends in the auto shop fixed my leaking oil fitting so no more oil stains when I park, but while doing the work they spilled coolant every where(my fault too) so now the truck reeks of coolant. Cause of that was having to remove the upper radiator hose to fix the fitting.

Next fixes will be stopping my coolant leaks which I can't seem to find.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.