1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadngt

dadngt New Member 100 Posts

Oh today I took my oldest son fishin at 6am, Didn't think he would be up for it that early but he was ready to go. Didn't catch anything but it was a great time. Came home he helped wash the truck.... or spray me with the hose. Replaced my SS door emblems with a proper RS emblem. I had the letter painted red but after seeing everyone going with black letters I thought why not, but of course me being different I masked off the outside edges & sprayed the black, now looks like I have a red glow behind the letters.
    rs.JPG
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

those look nice dude!

Alex
  3. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looking good Dadngt, I like your creativeness. Your not afraid of being different and I think it pays off. You make good mod chooses. Good job buddy.
  4. LOVINTHESTORM

Looking good Dadngt. I like your creativeness. Your not afraid to be different and I think it pays off. You make good mod chooses. Good job buddy.
  5. LOVINTHESTORM

On another not, I dropped my truck off today at Line-X. :money::money: Getting the under the rail Line-X Premium sprayed in.:great::great: About to order some Bushwacker OE bed rail caps. Now all I need is a BAKFlip F1 and some weather stripping to complete the water tight bed. Might try to swing some Belltech 2" drop shackles when I order the bed rails to give the truck the balance it needs.
  6. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Took her for a spin down main drag and got the tires wet for a short burnout:money:
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I drove to see (and hook up to) a trailer I was considering purchasing. I elected to pass because it had too many wiring issues and the guy wanted entirely too much for the trailer for the work I'd have to put into it to address rust and electrical problems (which I was willing to do -- if he were being reasonable, pricewise). In this process I learned that my 6" variable drop Rapid Hitch really needs to be 8" drop. Sadly the choices were 6" or 10", so I got the closest of what was available, but MEH.
  8. LOVINTHESTORM

Picked up my truck from Line-x today and bot does it look sweet. The premium linear is the way to go. Received my EGR in-channel window visors today. Waiting to give it a fresh wash before I put them on. Hopefully this weekend maybe tomorrow. Will post pics then.
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

question for ya, if and when I put in the 3' blocks from ready lift, u spose ill need a mild drop hitch?

not sure how high your bumper is off the ground compared to mine, or where mine will be, just curious.

Alex
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Probably. The inside, top of my receiver channel sits at 22" and a 6" drop is what was recommended by the manufacturer for that particular measurement. (The manufacturer sells 4", 6", and 10" drops...) I'm actually ok with a 6" drop ... but an 8" would be more level with the utility trailers I've been looking at.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.