Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I purchased a Tekonsha Prodigy P3 brake controller, pulse preventer, 7-way trailer emulator, and wiring adapter for the P3 and my truck. I also took a long look at the cab as I want a clean mounting look -- instead of the ugly, tacked on mount job that most people do for brake controllers. I'm still thinking the location through and, ultimately, will need the unit in my hands to finalize it -- as the manual brake lever presents some interesting challenges; I may have to fabricate a longer one...

2. BASSIST

BASSIST Rockstar 100 Posts

Just ordered Stainless Steel Nerf Bars, In channel Vent Visors and a Bug guard today.:great:

3. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Silicone'd the exterior trim pieces on either side of the windshield onto the windshield to stop them from "whapping" against the window at highway speed.

Solved the extremely annoying noise coming from my A-pillars.

4. tyler87

tyler87 Rockstar

Well, headed down to Fargo, ND this past weekend and had a 6" BDS Lift installed, got it with the new springs in the back and the premium Fox Shocks... I will hopefully have my RBP RX-3 Steps in by the end of the week to replace my stainless ones.... Having a hard time posting pics so will try and get some asap

Attached Files:

5. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Picked up a 900lb heat exchanger from the airport for a customer.

Was surprised that the truck didn't actually look too 'sagged' in the back. Since I have the leveling kit up front I expected more sag.

Could sure feel it in the back though.

Attached Files:

6. AbramJ

AbramJ New Member

I bought a go rhino grille guard off craigslist for my '92. Now I've got to mount it up, only problem is the bolts on my tow hooks are stuck...

7. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm the same way as you with wanting everything to look factory. I put my P3 under the dash, as low as possible and as close to my center console as possible. The bracket is screwed to the bottom of the plastic knee bolster, where it curves under and faces the floor. It's not factory, but it doesnt look bad and I'm happy with it. Check my Avalanche Mod Thread for a picture of that.

8. RallySTX

RallySTX Member 100 Posts

AbramJ, try soaking the bolts and nuts with PB Blaster two or three times a day for three days, then use a six point impact with a breaker bar, or use a cutoff tool, or angle grinder to cut them off. Drilling them out will be tough, and you will need titanium bits to cut high grade bolts.
    Brian L.

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I want the manual brake lever within easy reach without having to adjust seating position and without having to look down or waste time feeling around for it, so I'll be looking for a different location.

As for what I've done to my truck, today: yesterday I received my matched spare wheel and today I had the full size spare mounted and balanced on it.

10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Worked some more on the under hood plastics. 2012-06-27_18-17-03_48.jpg 2012-06-27_18-17-07_930.jpg 2012-06-27_18-25-39_679.jpg 2012-06-27_18-25-46_628.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.