GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. offroadmaine

offroadmaine New Member

changed plugs, wires, ignition coil, oil & filter, bought brake pads for the front and annoyed my neighbors with a little exhaust noise
  2. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

I took my avalanche out camping for the weekend. As usual, it did a great job of towing my quad around. The avalanche tent is great too.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

Greased my slip yoke since the shop that installed my T-case put no grease on it at all. The noise was driving me crazy. I also noticed that my brand new transfer case from GM is leaking from the front seal. Looks like it will be going back to the shop. Doing some research about replacing my shocks with bilsteins I discovered that the rear coil springs will also need replaced with a spring with a different spring rate. I found the bilstein springs from someone who ordered them and never installed them. I ordered them for 1/2 price compared to everywhere else I looked.
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

so does this lubing procedure really solve the horrible clunk on takeoff? (i know its temporary), but it does fix it the second you lube it?
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

mine was not a clunk on takeoff. It was a horrible "Tink" sound when I put it in gear. It only happened occasionally. My 2003 did the same thing. It fixed the noise immediately. I also found a u-joint that is questionable, so I will be changing that very soon.
  6. Curky

Curky New Member

Finished clear coat last night. I know truck needs cleaned, lol
    Back.jpg Front.jpg
  7. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

Got a full tank of gas yesterday which made Tahoe very happy. Other than that I haven't really worked on her I just need to check the coolant level again because she is still losing coolant somewhere. I think some of the smaller hoses may be leaking and possible the water pump gasket is going. Also the Odometer as of this morning now reads 199,804.2 miles almost at 200,000 :glasses:. This weekend Tahoe is going to Vermont with me to paint some parts and fix the roof rack leak.
  8. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

Look @ the fire wall side of intake, very common for a Head Gasket to leak there!
  9. Conlan Rose

Question are those common while running at pressure or leaking when the system depressurized. Because mine only leaks after the system has depressurized not when running.
  10. donyms

donyms New Member

Well, I said I would post some pictures so here they are. This is my new cluster at night and my new tires I had put on today. By the way, the Michelins rock. I love them so far. :great:

New Cluster 001rs.jpg New Cluster 005.jpg New Cluster 010rs.jpg
  11. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

over the weekend...

1) removed stock sway bar, sand blasted and repainted flat black
    2) reinstalled with energy suspension polyurethane mounts and endlinks
    3) and seafoamed my vacuum lines again
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  12. Conlan Rose

How hard was it to feed the SeaFoam in to the line? Just wondering because I'm hesitant on doing it with the worry of putting it to much and hydro locking the engine.

How are the prices at energy suspension because they are one of the very few that sell poly bump stops. Currently my truck has none... they all rotted out.
  13. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 New Member

I just install some RECON LED Tile lights on the truck because one of the stock taillights cracked.
  14. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I re-pressurized the air system so that I can continue to use my air horns (fun!) ... until I have my EDC mounted (after which I won't need an external air source).
  15. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

its really not hard at all.... i had the exact same worries as you, but i finally grabbed my cajones and did it, i followed SEAFOAM's website, not any of the retarded youtube videos.

i paid $35.30 for the sway bar poly bushing set off amazon. the prices are great!
  16. Conlan Rose

Ok thats very reasonable. Thanks for the info :)
  17. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

just ,make sure you go to energysuspensions website and find the pieces your looking for and cop down the part number. Then search for it on amazon, the descriptions and product info is notoriously inaccurate, but as long as the part number matches your all good
  18. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I ordered a 13oz can of Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner in preparation for a top-end cleaning that I intend to do. (Via the TBI's PCV port.)

@reggiecab2000, here's a link for you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mopar combustion chamber cleaner versus seafoam

When the results come up take the first one and pay particular attention to LS6427's commentary. Good stuff. Further research on MCCC (I did a LOT of searching and reading about it, tonight, after stumbling onto it) suggests it's the right thing to use for a top-end cleaning, as that's what it's designed for ... whereas Seafoam is merely an all-purpose liquid being used for top-end cleanings ... and only getting some of the top-end clean. (Back 2 cylinders, at worst ... back 3-4 cylinders, at best, really.)
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  19. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

well here i was thinking i cleaned out my internals on my truck with seafoam, and now you put this on me surreal......
    guess i gotta try it now :neutral:
  20. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

LOL, that's ok. I theoretically know where the TBI's PCV port is. I say 'theoretically' because I've read the where/how of it and even found lots of pics of the hose running from the fixed PCV orifice to the TBI on various GM engines. However, it's dark out and I'm not at the family lake house's lit shop, so I can't go out and compare to my own engine.

Learning one's way around one's engine without an engine diagram or an experienced engine guy to tell you what's what ... is a pain. I mean some things are obvious, but there are just too many hoses running about doing too many important things to guess and be wrong. (And I'd hate to put this stuff into the crankcase by mistake! Talk about some bad mojo.)

Looks like I need to acquire a 3/8" hose for this activity, too. I wonder where I can get that... maybe some fuel line hose from an auto parts store. Will check in the morning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.