What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4squared

4x4squared Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

[MENTION=55133]nancygrl[/MENTION] those rims are a great idea lol ive never seen that. looks good!

2. BoneHead

BoneHead Member

Been a busy couple of days with my rig. Flushed to coolant, changed both temp sensors, new thermostats, and wired in a brake controller. Temp gauge works now, but I think it's still a little off. First 2 thermostats, gauge would read around 250 before it would open and then settle down to about 230 deg. This third one goes up to 240 then settles down around 220, however the coolant does not seem like it's abnormally hot. I'm gonna test the old one tomorrow to see what it does. I only changed it because I taking it out to flush the system.

In other words, been showing her lots of love lately lol

3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Drove it from Calgary to Vancouver to visit my girlfriend. I did the Edmonton to Calgary Stretch last night. I enjoyed my new tune from my DiabloSport InTune... now that I got my fuel trims dialed in, I got decent gas mileage and it only cost $144 to drive from Edmonton to Vancouver.

The Sirius satellite radio I installed the other day was also well enjoyed on this trip.

4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

what kind of mpg were u getting?

Alex

5. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

While driving at 120km/h (75mph) on a Mano highway, I would get 12-13 mpg before. Now I'm at 16-17 there. At 110km/h on a normal highway, I'm now getting 18-20mpg. It was about 16-17 there before

6. Sierraowner5.3

thats pretty good!

glad it helped out!

Alex

7. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Plastidip'd the front bumper today.

Before and after shots:

Attached Files:

8. Sierraowner5.3

looks good dude!

really ties the whole truck together! gonna do something about those door handles now?

Alex

9. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I was just looking at them on eBay the other day.

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I removed the PlasmaGlow Firestorm tailgate bar from the truck -- and I won't be reinstalling it. My first unit was replaced under warranty because condensation got inside it and it began keeping the reverse lights on all the time. My second unit is now doing the same thing -- despite having sealed the heck out of it for good measure prior to installing it. I suspect the wires absorb moisture and release it into the tailgate bar ... which then causes the problem I'm running into .. in addition to allowing mold to grow inside the tailgare bar. If that's true it's a design flaw. Regardless, I'm done bothering with anything made by PlasmaGlow...

I also noticed that my driver's side front door speaker (mid-range speaker, specifically) was only working sporadically. Suspecting a loose wire I troubleshot it and found corrosion at the terminal, so I cleaned up the terminal, lopped off the ends of the wires, stripped them, and made new connections. I then coated the connections in dielectric grease for good measure. Now things sound normal...

Next, I mounted a full size spare tire (with matching wheel) under the truck. Yay for finally having a usable spare!

Last, I began work on my custom brake controller mount/location.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.