What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Changed my oil... and started my yearly detail (I.e., clay bar, prepsol, buff, sealer and wax) hopefully will have it finished tomorrow.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

Actually got to use it like a truck. Loaded up a couple palm trees that I cut down from my yard to get rid of them (not too bad only about 1500 pounds). Always good to make sure the airbags work like they should:great:
  3. Jaele

Jaele Member

Well it was last night, but I Picked up my TLC airbags and I got them installed in less then an hour.

I haven't tested it out yet, but I'm loading up the trailer and leaving in a few hours so I will have a review complete some time next week.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

Got an estimate for my hood and fenders being repainted. The place my insurance approves of says 1855.91 including taxes. That seems like a lot... gonn check other places as well.
  5. Jealous, I just got home from a week in Oxnard, Ca. Missing the palm trees already.

Got my next mod in the mail. Going to be a real easy install. Finished pics to come later!

Attached Files:

6. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

Ha, I hate palm trees. I guess they aren't too bad. They were just to the point where I couldn't trim them any more. I was already standing on the top of a ladder with a chainsaw overhead in one hand. Not the brightest idea, I know. One was also planted up next to a fence and so it was pushing into that and the other was crowding out two other big trees, so I said they had to go. The spikes on the palm frawns are brutal too, always ended up with quite a few cuts when trimming them.
  7. Jaele

Jaele Member

So... what is this mod? I can't figure it out

Edit

Pish I didn't even quote it correctly!
  8. They are Chevrolet logo puddle lights. I got them off ebay and paid around $18 (they even come with the hole saw bit for the drill). There are many different logos and you can even design your own of you are willing to shell out $55-$60 instead.

The lights go in the bottom of your door panel, then when you open the door the ground is illuminated underneath. Just got done installing them. Can't wait for it to get dark out!

I'll post illuminated pics in an hour or two.
    image.jpg image.jpg

**Update

They appear a bit wavy because I had to throw some folded up cardboard I had nearby under for a clear image. The rocky gravel driveway made it look more like a mosaic, but I'm sure on pavement they will be great. I'm really happy with how they are in person, really sharp and crisp.
    lights1.jpg lights2.jpg
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Wow, those are nice! (And I'm sitting here thinking, "must ... have ... Autobot ... puddle lights"....)

PM me a link to the source, please?

10. Pm sent.

Thanks. The instal was as simple as tying them into the lights already in the NBS door panel. They are leds so low voltage.
  11. Jaele

Jaele Member

I like those. I may have to get me a set
  12. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member

Got new front and rear bumper, as well as a hitch installed. Finally replacing my front bumper that bambi messed up a few years ago. Better late than never right lol
  13. Thanks! Just search "LED logo puddle lights" on eBay.
  14. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

Those look great Matt. I can't believe how clear the logo looks. Can you install them in the side view mirrors? It might be nice for them to light up as you approach the truck.
  15. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

Truck is stuck in the camp's parking lot cuz From what I can tell my started is dead... One little click of the solenoid nothing else. Tomorrow I'll get under the truck and pull the starter so I can check the cable connections and such.
  16. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Oh no! :grrrrrr:
  17. Thanks Al, I was surprised at the clarity as well. I think they may be too big to fit in the mirror but agree it would be nice to see them on the way to the truck vs only when the door is open.

sorry to hear about your troubles Colin, hopefully you can get it all squared away and enjoy the weekend. Tough way to start though.
  18. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Were off to the King of Trucks in Syracuse today... fun day of watching others abuse their trucks...:)))
  19. Sounds like a good time TimTom!

Started by going to the dump and emptying 760lbs Lbs of old vinyl siding I loaded up yesterday. Nice to see out the back window again.

I received a gift card to Advanced Auto a couple weeks ago. Went there this morning and picked up these....

image.jpg

Going to do my door handles and removing the door moldings. I think it will really change the looks of the truck for the better. Also want to color match my bumpers at some point(have a few ideas pchopped), but for now the plasti dip is good. Anyways off to go camping this weekend:glasses:
  20. Lordvader

Lordvader New Member

Washed my new Silverado for the first time today.

Installed GM Tie Downs and AVS Seamless Vent Visors . 05_CHE_SIL_TDH_51.jpg auto-ventshade-seamless-vent-visors.jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.