1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welllllllll... After 6 weeks straight in the field, I finally took a few days off. Didn't get as much done as I would've liked to due to a couple of serious injuries to close family/ a friend and the loss of a coworker in a rollover, but one day I took the time to detail Truck Norris in/out, install a new deck, and got busy with a buffer for a few hours to try and get rid of the oxidation (or whatever it is) that seems to plague the side molding of these trucks and some scratches and oopsies as well.
    2012-06-29_03-36-24_577.jpg Early AM hours detailing.
    2012-07-04_20-59-50_976.jpg Not certain if you can see the difference from front/rear moldings due to lighting, but in person there's a major difference.
    IMG_20120706_182938.jpg Watching the new Sherlock Holmes movie on the new Kenwood deck!

Ordering nearly $1000 worth of goodies today for both trucks tonight!
    Including:
    McGaughy's 1" drop spring to fix the front drop on Truck Norris
    Beltech Street Performace shock set to fix the ride on Truck Norris
    Replacement grille, smoked cab lights (front and third light), MBRP 4" turbo-back exhaust and 3" intercooler pipe, and possibly (having a hard time finding the right ones for some reason if someone would please give input on where to find them) smoked headlamps/turn signal lamps for the 2001 HD.

Also spent lots of hours researching different parts and upgrades for Truck Norris so I can get everything tied together and finished on the exterior.

Fog Light Upgrade kit from GM: roughly $500 including ALL parts necessary
    Back-up Camera upgrade tailgate handle: Around $180 including wiring/camera
    White grille/chrome instert from GM: $280

...still looking for input regarding a decent hood for him. (HINT HINT!! :lol:)

Once all of these are done, he will be put in the body shop and everything (RST wing, roll pan, hood, upgraded side moldings, debadging, installation of SS and custom replica TRUCK NORRIS (along the bottom of tailgate) emblems will be installed as well as having dents/scratches fixed all around.

:sign0021:
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  2. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sweet man. Nothing like having a vision coming together.
  3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Forgot to mention that i found my output shaft seal to be leaking on my transmission (#*?%in 4l60e!:grrrrrr:).. so also drove him up onto some ramps backwards, pulled the driveshaft out and replaced it as well as added some HP grease into the yolk that causes the clunking known in the trucks. Also found that my u-joints are needing to be replaced soon, but the parts store was already closed so i was forced to push that aside for my next days off.

something i found odd as well... has anyone ever noticed how lightweight/finicky the stock driveshafts feel?! holy jeez! that thin-walled aluminum POS is gonna twist in half when it comes time to put the new motor in i think!
  4. RaptorReed

RaptorReed New Member

Tore out the carpet in the bed area of the Burb, kept catching on anything heavy I stuck in the back. Prefer how it looks much more now!
    [​IMG]
  5. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

08_rado_rocker Truck looks great. My old Mustang was white with the rubber side molding trim on the door then wrapped arround the car in plastic & just the rubber pieces always stained up & looked dirty no matter how much I scrubbed, I found that a clorox magic eraser worked well but probably not the best tool to use. The stain came back later on. Think its just a plague for white automotive rubber trim. But I can tell a major difference from the from trim piece & the back. Good work.:great:
  6. Blake DeMoss

Blake DeMoss New Member

I changed my Chevy symbol to a black one. Love how slick it looks.
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I reinstalled my truck box, reloaded it, and reorganized the Du-Ha storage space. I also re-seated the low beam diode since I noticed that my fogs and low beams were not remaining on with my high beams, last night.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  8. jyocum39

jyocum39 New Member

Well i was putting my rear drum brakes on and found that my old shoes had been digging into my backing plate. So now i have to order a new dang backing plate. And on top of that i am trying to figure out why my fuel guage is going crazy.
  9. Love2run

Love2run New Member

I wash and waxed my truck, windexed the windows, armor all ed the interior and tires :) fixed the hot start problem with tightening and relocating the grounded and heat blanket on the starter. Flushed and then replaced coolant. So I have clean mean classic Chevy :) that actually starts after being warmed up
  10. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I feel your pain on that one. The backing plates on my truck rusted out and the differential had to be opened to remove the axle shafts before the backing plates could be removed. I do suggest that you get your new backing plate from GM though. The ones I got from my local NAPA are crap and will need to be replaced again because they rattle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.