1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I picked up 19mm and 21mm box wrenches for use installing the Roadmaster Active Suspension kit. (I lacked these sizes; ugh!)

I also received and inspected the following parts for the truck:
    • New 2500HD instrument cluster lens
    • New 2500HD instrument cluster applique (overlay)
    • New white 7-gauge instrument cluster needles
    • New MCR stepper motors (qty 7)
    • EAD Performance installation kit for Tru-Cool 40k GVW Transmission Cooler

The upper and lower brackets in the EAD Performance kit had one side covered in an adhesive plastic that had to be removed, so I removed this and then used MEK to make sure no adhesive was left on the metal. As these are unpainted aluminum I made a mental note to pick up some prep and paint materials later, today.
  2. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Tried to start her up and she didn't want to. So, now I get to figure out whats wrong with it. :frown:
  3. SurrealOne

This evening I prepped the brackets from the EAD Performance kit for painting and then painted them with flat black, high heat primer. They are drying, now, and tomorrow I plan to bake and then cool them at intervals to cure the high heat paint.

I also scored the following on Craigslist for a VERY reasonable (single) price: a 34" radiator from a 2005 Silverado; electric fans & fan shroud from a 2005 Silverado, and an OEM efan wiring harness from a 2005 Silverado. I have to pick them up Wednesday and it'll be a 3hr round trip drive. The seller was going to do an efan conversion to his 2002 Silvy but the tune was prohibitively expensive, so he's unloading the parts he pulled from a yard.

This guy's apparently got a 7" RC lift on his truck and has done some mods. I might see if he'll join us, here. He's military, so he might not be terribly active due to deployments. We'll see...
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  4. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I took apart my hole dash trying to find the source of an annoying racket.. A screw came undone! Fixed it and now complete! (underneath the passenger side a screw had fallen and vibrated with every movement, nothing major)
    [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] it is all up to you to get him on this forum, we're counting on you!
  5. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Put some black reflective VORTEC decals on the hood as well as a flat black decal over the steering wheel bowtie. That was the last gold bowtie on the truck :great:

Attached Files:

6. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

I like the steering wheel bowtie Did you find a matched size or have to cut it out? I'm wanting to match my grille bowtie black with red border think I may have to layer the 2 colors of vinyl need to talk to the decal shop about it.
  7. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I got my decals from here: http://www.reflectiveconcepts.com/

They were pre-cut to size. Website has lots of color options. Shipping took about 7 days on USPS to Canada, which is not too bad.
  8. SurrealOne

That definitely looks better than the OEM gold. I wonder how the decals will hold up...
  9. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I disconnected the rain sense wipers (well, I didn't do it today, but others might want to know it can be done).

I'm not a big fan of the truck telling me when I need (or don't need) the wipers.
  10. SurrealOne

I wish I had rain-sensing wipers; I miss them. I wonder if they can be retrofitted. Hrm, now there's a mod thought...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.