What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

They work good on my wife's car; but with the truck, I could never get the sensitivity right.

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They were flawless on my 300C SRT8. I wonder how they sense rain...

3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The factory setup wouldn't work due to changes in electrical before GM started to offer them, but I looked into this a while back and I know there is an aftermarket kit that can be wired in. I've thought about getting it, but other mods have taken priority for now.

4. SurrealOne

PM me a link to it or some thread to pull on it so I don't duplicate your search effort? I'd like to dig around a little...

5. SurrealOne

This morning I drove ~180 miles (round trip) to pick up a radiator, efans, and partial wiring harness that were all pulled from a 2005 Silverado; the price was fair and it spared me from having to locate one in a yard, drive to the yard, pull the items, and drive home. I also got to shoot the breeze with a fellow GMC owner (his was a 7" lifted 2002), which is always pleasant. Maybe he'll find his way here...

6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The module on the windshield glass, uses a LED light beam, the beam is set to an angle and when dry, the beam reflects to a light sensor, when the glass gets wet, the beam distorts.

7. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

The website claims 7-10 years on the reflective ones and 6-8 on the standard decals like on my wheel. That part of the wheel really doesn't see much abuse or physical contact so I hope they last a while!

Quality seemed good when I received them.

8. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I'm ordering mine tonight or tomorrow, I saw the picture you posted and fell in love! Plus it's a cheap mod but it changes the look for the better!

9. SurrealOne

This afternoon I ordered an efan harness from BlackBear Performance. Then, later this evening I got together with @aloxdaddy99 and we installed my Roadmaster Active Suspension kit onto my truck. Alox did the bulk of the heavy stuff while I photo-documented. It was a little weird watching someone else from the forum turn a wrench on my truck...

10_RAS_Coilspring_Tensioning.jpg

A full write-up with pics will follow as soon as I get the time and energy. MUCH thanks to Alox, as I didn't have the means to unload my springs and he provided that and much more than I ever expected or requested in terms of assistance!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  10. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Here you go. Only $90, and their site has specific installation instructions for our generation of truck - right down to the wire colours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.