1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 Member

Today I replaced the rear seal in my t-case, changed the u-joints with new severe duty joints, and did a rear diff service. In a couple of weeks i'll be installing a 6" suspension lift and replacing the master cylinder. After that I jst have to find some tires (which will break the bank) and get it on the alignment rack. Thank god I work at a shop with hydraulic lifts and all the tools I need!!!

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Well yesterday I put on my back fitted mud flaps and sprayed the back wheel well with rhino liner, gave it a nice fished look for $12 for spray

3. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

I put my westin step bars back on yesterday, realized why i bought them in the first place. Also ordered a deezee 43101 tailgate dampener from amazon, should make opening the tailgate a lot safer for my wife and kids and just easier for me especially when carrying something and having to open it.

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Oh yes, it will. I -love- having a tailgate damper. Pull the tailgate handle, drop the tailgate and walk away as the damper does the rest!

5. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

One thing I noticed is that the tailgate on my sierra HD is a lot heavier feeling than other trucks. I had a rental ram last year and that tailgate was very light, same thing on my 2011 f-150 I had at my last job. For the heck of it i tried my brothers 2000 silver ado and also seems lighter. none of them had dampeners I could see either. Now just the waiting game until it arrives.

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Most of the new trucks have EZ-Lift tailgates which use a torsion bar to handle the weight instead of you having to do it.

7. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

looked at my poor truck when I left for work this afternoon. She decided not to start

8. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

I took my truck back to the dealer today for my CEL again this is about the 6th? time I have taken it in for the Evap code. And after two new OEM gas caps they still say it is leaking, so basically all they did yet again was clear the code and say hope that fixes it. That being nothing... So I am done with this dealership and will try their competitor that is actually closer to my house. They originally replaced the fuel sensor, and vent solenoid or something to that effect, and still got the code. My truck is 5 years old and has been very well maintained with only 30k miles. I just don't think they really have good troubleshooting and diagnosing skills and plan on contacting Chevy directly about this... anyone have any ideas?

9. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Wow 5 years old and only 30K I'm jealous..

Today I got my new alarm in the mail, now have to get it installed!

10. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Well today I had my Kenwood system installed, and tomorrow I'm getting my bass control put in. Sounds amazing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.