1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I painted my front calipers and my rear drums color matched to the rest of my truck. At the same time I washed the backside of my rims and tires and rotated them at the 5100 mile mark. Also put never seize on the backside of the rims where they contact the discs and drums because of the aluminum to steel dis-similiar metal corrosion factor. Truck is ready for the All Truck Nationals at Carlisle next weekend except for a quick detail job thursday night before I head out. Sure wish I had my T-shirt I won a couple months back to show off along with a GMTC sticker to represent the club!! Oh well maybe next year.
    calipers.jpg drums.jpg
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Riley tackle them one at time to reduce stress.
    I took my baby out for a drive and night of entertainment last night. Just to let her know I haven't forgotten her while I am driving a blue oval POC for my work.
    The E450 is the hardest driving vehicle I have ever driven. Of course it has something to do with lack of a true maintenance program. the company stays up on fluids , but refuses to get an alignment when installing new tires. Also with over 300,000 miles on the vehicle it still has the original shocks, or at least the skeletons. Airbags are great for supporting the heavy box , if they hold air. They don't. Fix ? Nah other vehicles don't have them so no big deal.
    Oil pressure gauge not working, but they won't replace or repair. DOT violation? Hmmm
    For those who have driven the class 5-8 you nay understand a little frustration here. But the checks are cashing so I work.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

good lord coach, drag that thing to a shop and get it fixed, tell the boss if they wont fix it, they shouldnt use it, that thing could get someone killed.

Alex
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

DAMN COACH!! I think there was a law passed not long ago that any of those violations are going to start going against you. I know our truck drivers bitch all the time about the lack of money spent to keep the trucks running down the road. Oh and ours run everyday for 2 shifts. Gotta love it!
  5. Big Hoss

Big Hoss New Member

Just put a video of my truck strait piped on you tube!
  6. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member 100 Posts

Got my truck running after two weeks of trying to figure out what was wrong.
  7. Big Hoss

Big Hoss New Member

Dang what happened to it?
  8. dougtexas

dougtexas New Member

Beginning of magnaflow cat back install....

Finding humor at the start of my catback exhaust install on my suburban. Couple days ago started spraying bolts with liquid wrench to loosen up. Well, got under there today to give the 2 bolts a test...Hopefully the rest of the project goes better, or this is going to be a long diy project! There should be an attachment....

Attached Files:

9. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member 100 Posts

[MENTION=55904]Big Hoss[/MENTION]-http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/91385-94-k1500-no-spark#axzz228Fv0mQn

Could only work on it on thursday and friday. Just got moved to 3rd shift and still getting used the sleeping when its daylight thing. Lets just says its not working and working on the truck was getting frustrating lol. But I ended up calling a buddy to give me a hand and he just poured gas in the throttle body, cranked it a few times and she started right up.
  10. b-radical

b-radical New Member 100 Posts

Changed the alternator back to stock hoping to eliminate a whining engine. Didn't work so I took it to a shop where I recently had the transmission done and they said it was the idler pully. I bought the assembly and the pully by itself, just in case. Got the pully off the mount and installed the new pully and put the HD alternator back on. Returned pully assembly, test drove , laid rubber, parked it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.