What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Picking up blue led conversion kit for my dash cluster tomorrow but leaving the needles orange.... Blue and orange go together well
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Returned the Spectra radiator because while the box was marked CU2423 ... what was in the box was marked CU23700 ... which is the wrong part number. Now I'm waiting on the replacement...
  3. PantheraUncia

Coach, it even with just the Map and Dome light switched out, it looks like it is day time in the truck in the middle of the night... but something stuck me odd because of the difference in the 6000k LED's and the "normal" bulb's.... the LED's are bright enough that when I looked down at the brake and gas pedal it looks like a dark void :) so I decided well..... might as well make it look like a landing strip inside the cab of the truck :)

That with the black lights, fog machine and the hand held blue laser could potentially be a dance party in the cab......
  4. PantheraUncia

Went ahead and got the OEM third brake light lamp/lens from my local dealership.... they took about $8 off the price for me, not much of a discount, but considering it was the dealership and I really could not find a reliable source to get one otherwise and any discount online would have been a trade off with shipping.... so the lamp case will "look" stock, but it will be loaded with 4 LED replacement bulbs when those arrive tomorrow, I will see how that goes.

It will be 2 bulbs for the red brake lights and 2 bulbs for the cargo lights
  5. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I finished tighening all of the bolts on my differential cover, then filled it and put the plug in. It leaked out the plug a bit so tightened the plug and cleaned all of the oil off so I could see any new leaks. So far, so good.

BUT, I have a really irritating vibration that just started yesterday as well. I'm thinking its either a bearing in the diff or one of the rear wheel bearings. It's too fast and smooth of a vibration to be a wheel/tire problem.

AND, one of my rear shocks wore its bushing out, so part of it is twisted and is making metal on metal contact, so I'm trying to find a set of the shocks I want to replace them with locally so I can at least get them installed tomorrow so there is one less problem when I leave for the weekend tomorrow night. (and for the Western Canada meet on Saturday). It's surprisingly hard to find Rancho RS9000XL shocks for an avalanche around here.
  6. xsparky

xsparky New Member

Added leds to the license plate , reverse lights and to the dome light. Now all I have to do is put leds in the doors that will finish the inside of cab. Then start on the rest of the outside lights.
  7. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Finely got my leveling done... 2a    = 8-2-12.jpg
  8. PantheraUncia

I just finished installing the LED's in my cluster pack and they look good..... I purchased blue and they look a little more purple than blue, I took a beach towel out to the truck and put it over the cluster to test the color.... I guess I will really be able to tell once the sun sets. Either way it is better than the way it was originally.

Hopefully UPS will get me the rest of my 194 LED replacements soon so I can get those in before it starts raining if it does.
  9. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I just replaced the 9 year old factory Bilstein shocks on my Avalanche with a set of new Monroe Reflex shocks. I would have liked to get the Rancho RS9000XLs for their adjustability, but I needed them today since my 2 rear shocks had completely destroyed their lower bushings and the place that had the Ranchos wanted over double for them than I was able to get the Monroes for locally.

Overall, the ride is much better than the worn-out Bilsteins. I know Bilstein makes some quality products, but I'm not convinced that the factory Z71 Bilsteins live up to the Bilstein reputation. Now I just have to get used to being able to turn without having a whole bunch of body roll.... its a weird feeling to be able to do that now.
  10. AutoAnything

AutoAnything New Member 100 Posts

Do you have an upgraded sway bar? It will also help with the body roll...

Glad you are happy with the new shocks, I put on rancho 5000's on my truck a while back and what a difference over the stockers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.