What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I haven't upgraded the sway bars. I have thought about it many times, but I take it off road just often enough that I can't convince myself to do that because the articulation of the stock sway bar is useful. To be honest though, the original body roll with this truck didn't seem excessive for a vehicle of its size, but now that I've got the new shocks on, there is very minimal body roll. It's a surprisingly noticeable difference.

2. skullblaster

skullblaster Member

I spent the week trying to fix the transmission in my 86 Suburban. I pulled the tranny out of a 88 Caprice and swapped tail shafts with the one from my 4wd. What a pain! Now I am waiting on a transmission jack to put everything back in. Wish me luck guys.

3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

So to total everything that happened today....

Installed the OEM replacement third brake light with the Putco LED's in it. only issue I ran into is that even though the bulbs are 914/921's the LED's are polarized and even though they fit both ways, they have to be installed one way.

I have also converted all the interior bulbs to LED's to. (Dome, Map, Glove box, floor lights, ashe tray and doors).

lastly I converted the bulbs in the console/cluster to Blue LED's. They actually look purple until about 8pm then as it gets darker outside, the seem to change to blue.... must be an optical illusion.

4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

There is a light in the ash tray? HMM...interesting.

Anyway, I'll likely put about 40 miles on her to go eat lunch with my dad, then unless K gets sicker with her strep throat (its terrible) I'll pull the interior guts out and clean UNDER the carpet..

But first I'm gonna poop 850$ for her new/remanned transfer case that I'll probably order tomorrow.

5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Completed the air compressor install!! No pics yet but will post some soon.

6. rileyjr16

Creating suspense? Lol

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It's probably tough to take pics at night or in poor shop-lighting conditions.

8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

Yep.... Apparently there is a 914 wedge base bulb above the ashe tray in 1999-2003 NBS trucks, I don't know about earlier or newer models, but mine has one.

9. rileyjr16

Hm sounds like something I should check into...:neutral:

10. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Replaced my headlights today, I don't know why but the grill would not come off! I've done it before it was just not playing nice this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.