1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I loaded a new custom tune onto the truck that enables electric fan control via the PCB. Sadly it'll be a few more weeks before I can do the radiator and fan removal/replacement...
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Way to go . Get er done.
  3. SurrealOne

This evening I placed an order for a custom PJ 83"x16' landscape trailer w/ tandem 3500lb brake axles, breakaway kit, 4' spring-assisted rear gate, removable 9x33" aluminum fenders, 2" ball coupler, sealed wire harness, optional 7000lb drop-foot jack, and optional side-mount ATV ramps. It goes nowhere without a truck, so I figure it qualifies as something done for the truck...

Thanks to @Coach24 for guidance on what approach to take when selecting a trailer manufacturer and trailer options (single vs. dual axle, size, etc.).
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

grats [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION]

but hey i didnt help? :shocked:i seem to recall a fairly long conversation at the ale house.....

Alex
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I did not take any pics of the actual installation of this stuff, but here are some after pic's

6000k HID Low Beams:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of the new cluster back lighting:
    [​IMG]

These photo's are tricky.... they are all the same color even though some look blue. All the interior lights are 6000k LED's and if you were standing next to the truck there is no color variation between them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Thumbs Up!!

Lets see some pics when that arrives!
  7. Rocky

Rocky New Member

nakranij Love the blue backlight! That is awesome.
  8. SurrealOne

I'll be picking it up. I was told late September. Will photograph once I have it. :)

I seem to recall most of that was about brake controllers and whether one was needed. But yes, you provided some operational knowledge, as well. :)
  9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Finally got some pics of the compressor mounted. Can't really see it which was what I was going for!

Attached Files:

10. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I unplugged my low beam headlights so I could run my truck at night to warm it up without the automatic lights blinding my camping neighbors. Now I'm laying on an air mattress in my avalanche tent. I just heard a guy walk sat and make a comment that having a tent in the back of my truck is a good idea
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.