What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=40941]aloxdaddy99[/MENTION], that looks great, nice and clean. whats the info on that compressor?

im toying with doing the same thing on my truck.

Alex

2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I would love to do that, but I want it to drive an air horn so I need space for a 2 gallon air tank as well, but I have dual batteries so all my space is taken.

3. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

Hauled some flat pack furniture, local custom kitchen shop made us a couple of closets for our younger daughter's room.

Transporting stuff was the fun part, rest of the day I played Bob the Builder putting them together and instaling in place. Job is now finished and its time for a couple of Brooklyn Ales, sauna and 'haps I'll light up a Partagas #2 to go with Evan Williams single barrel whilst cooling in back deck and waiting for dinner.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Couldn't you have just turned the light switch to the left after starting the truck?

5. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

Wash and vacuum. Currently Red Dust is looking very pleased with himself parked next to a dusty 156 :) Well, I just might to wash that one as well before the day is over.

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

6. PantheraUncia

I was fed up with my front rotors and decided I was not going to work on them 2 days in a row, so I went to the shop I purchased the tires at that are on the truck now, they charged me 1 hour of labor and it took some PB and 5 minutes with an air hammer tapping each rotor to get them to come off.

Now I have brand new brakes all the way around and will be looking at an air hammer to add to my tools because I might need it to get my front wheel hub off when I am ready to tackle that project.

7. Hidef

Hidef New Member

You need an air hammer to do the hubs. I wouldn't even want to attempt to try it without one.

I just finished washing and waxing the truck. I was going to do the Traverse next but the wife just drove off with that. So I guess that will wait for later or she can drive around in a dirty vehicle for a week.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  8. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Installed some mods that have been sitting around.

I'm still not sure about the headlights? Thoughts?

As far as the steering wheel emblem I love it, makes a difference and that was also the last gold emblem on the truck!

Attached Files:

9. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Well I drove amost 600 miles this weekend heading down and back to the All Truck Nationals down in Carlisle, PA. What an awesome show!!! I even took 1st place for 2007+ for best in show. cool little plaque for an award. Ordered my gears for front and rear while I was there. They convinced me to go with the 4.56 gearing. 4 Wheel parts got my order and convinced me that I would not be happy with the 4.10's. So That will be my next mod in the next couple weeks. Went with G2 gears and the salesman told me they come with a 10 year warranty. Hopefully I will never need it. Anyways A little disappointed there was no representation considered at this Huge!! Truck show for our club.?.? Saw a lot of other clubs there??? Well anyway I will save that conversation for another time.
    carilisle award.jpg

10. PantheraUncia

Maybe I can go next year.... but I would not qualify for anything with the body work my truck needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.