1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 Member

I did an oil change today.....that's about it.
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

He'll live. Might take a few days for the pain to go away from this but he's home and doing what he does best, sleeping.
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

drove mine a bit, filled the tank, and let the rain wash it for me, been to busy to do anything else.

Alex
  4. rileyjr16

Don't think I'm sold on the LED lights I put behind my instrument cluster and I'm thinking about pulling them and putting the stock bulbs back in and using the LEDs as the interior lights.
  5. put my corsa cat back exhaust on today as well as my volant CAI sounds great ..pretty excited
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I removed my OEM hood liner from my aftermarket hood and cleaned the underside of the hood.
  7. rileyjr16

Just when I thought I heard it all.....:lol: :sign0011:Surreal

ANYWAY, I'm gonna probably refill fluids (washer, oil, antifreeze, gas, and maybe transfer case with new oil see if that cuts down on the noise some) and vacuum her out and get all trash and everything thats not needed for today out. Gonna try and take K to the French Quarter in and around New Orleans today shopping, eating and spending what time I have left as a civilian together if the rain holds off and barring another shooting.
  8. Ape

Ape Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I put 900 bucks worth of new meat on the rims yesterday. 31x10.5 R15's
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Heh, well it's prep for replacement of the hood liner. You see, my OEM hood liner doesn't fit my aftermarket hood terribly well, as the hood liner has no opening in it for the cowl induction AND it's stretched tight instead of form-fitted to the hood. I knew this and am just now getting around to obtaining a custom hood liner ... one I'll cut to fit. Rather than buying a cut-to-fit unit from LMC Truck I'm going to get some aircraft firewall material from here (http://hoodliners.blogspot.com/p/order-your-hoodliner-here_02.html), remove the hood, form-fit the stuff, and do it right. While I wait on the material I figured I'd clean under the OEM hood liner. :)
  10. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Well I finally got a chance to work on the truck last night and today. Last night I fixed some things behind the passenger door panel. When I originally changed out the door handles I had some trouble getting the panel off so it didn't go together exactly as it should. Now I can check that off the list.
    Today was more than wash day. I got the Adam's hand polishing kit and did the wash, dry, clay bar, swirl & haze remover, and revive polish. I ran out of daylight and will have to finish up tomorrow with the buttery wax. The truck came out awesome though and the surface is smooth to the touch and all the contaminants removed. I'll have to take some pics tomorrow after I wax and post them under the detailing section.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.