Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I de-tuned the truck, went to a stealership, and had the HVAC controls recalibrated to prevent the driver/passenger side AC from blowing hot due to blend door over-travel. Once done I took a new backup and re-applied my Diablew tune without issue.

Next I received and installed the fan shroud intended to go with the 34" radiator and a clutch fan. This is a temp measure due to my stalled efan project, and it took some hunting to find as there apparently is no fan shroud like this listed for 99-07 Sierras. ( It took digging around looking for Avalanche parts to find what I needed!)

Next I removed my WeatherTech Bug & Stone Deflector. This thing makes me mad, as I bought it to protect my new hood sometime back and, lo and behold, the damn deflector I bought to protect my hood -- marred it. I was so ticked that I promptly ordered an AVS Aeroskin hood shield, which I received and installed today. Much thanks to @AMac for the find and recommendation on this one; it's a stellar-looking, low-profile hood shield.

Next I experimented with my C5-650 speakers' cross-overs to find both the tweeter attenuation and midrange presence that best-suit my musical tastes.

Last, I fueled up the truck and loaded my old CAI box into it so that I can give it to Nak.

Long day...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Damn [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] is sure was a long day for you :lol:

I diagnosed a ride problem, well decided enough is enough anyway. In the near future, she will get new tie rods, inner and outer, new pitman arm, and eventually upper ball joints. Maybe next week since this weekend is booked up. Tired of having the front end shake at 55mph. And trying to find the time/funds to buy a freshly rebuilt transfer case for 350$ and install it. Well just tired of the noises the truck makes...how bout that.

3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

All I did was wash it with care :rules:, darn rail dust:grrrrrr:.

4. Ape

Ape Member 100 Posts

Gave her a new emblem yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also threw a few quick coates of primer on the fenders and hood today. I'm not done with the prep work for paint yet, but I wanted to keep it from rusting.

5. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Hey, glad it worked out for you!
    Trustworthiness

Vendor reliability

Privacy

Child safety

6. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Installed toughliner rear wheel well liners today... They fit like a glove. Really gives a nice look to the wheel wells.

Here are some pics... sorry did not post them originally.
    Whlwhl1.jpg .
    Whlwhl2.jpg
    Whlwhl3.jpg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Did you mean to include the four Web of Trust (WOT) rating criteria in this post? :lol:

Her? That emblem is not exactly feminine...

Pics of this? I saw none when I checked your albums a few mins ago...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Nice emblem:great:

I replaced the carrier bearing, and all 3 u joints. I hope this takes care of the off and on driveline issues I have been having for the last too many months (since I had the carrier bearing replaced the first time.)

9. Ape

Ape Member 100 Posts

Well, the wife and kid named her Charlotte.....And I've never had a vehicle that I called "HE" because I'd feel weird having a love hate relationship with a "guy" vehicle! LOL

10. Ape

Ape Member 100 Posts

Thanks...... I thought it was appropriate since she's killed a rabbit and a bird so far.
    :fighting0034:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.