What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Newest Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ape

Ape New Member 100 Posts

LOL.... I hear ya. But that idea isn't sounding as crazy right now.
    Just spoke with the (current) mechanic and he still can't find where the draw is coming from. He seems to think it's my volt meter that's causing the drop because it's shorting out? I don't think that could be it since it's just a simple meter attached to a printed circuit board for the entire dash. But none the less..... I just ordered a new gauge from LMC to try out. So I'll find out in 3 to 7 days if that was another waste of 50 bucks! :-/
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I troubleshot and replaced the bypass module of the alarm system because it had died. Fun. Not. :(
  3. Skippy

Skippy New Member 100 Posts

Hmmm... Well, on the flipside, that $50 bought you a couple of days of hope!

Hope isn't cheap. :)

Skippy
  4. Ape

Ape New Member 100 Posts

I take it the module is in a hard to reach spot?
  5. Ape

Ape New Member 100 Posts

LOL...... Don't even get me started on the cost of hope and change! LOL
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No, it's not. If you know where it is it can be reached in 3 mins with minor wrenching. (And if you don't, it's a goose chase to guess!)

However, the symptoms are such that it could have been a blown fuse (checked all of those), a bad ground (checked those), a loose wire or a short (checked EVERY wire for those), or a bad module. Tracing and checking wires is no fun ... and it turned out to be the module. I'd much rather it have been a fuse, a loose wire, or a lame ground. :)
  7. Ape

Ape New Member 100 Posts

Well I can relate to trying to trace wiring and other electronics to find a problem as noted by my ealier posts! :-/
    So I feel for you and your search. Now if I could just find some resolution for my issue! :grrrrrr:
  8. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member 100 Posts

New spedo cluster

Installed a white faced, 140mph gauge cluster. Looks good and was easy to install. Now I have all 6 guages also!:money:
  9. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

WHEW! Spent a lot of money today buying parts. At the local Autozone, I purchased a set of spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, battery and PCV valve. On-line, I ordered a new muffler, fuel pump and air filter. All this stuff will be installed in about three weeks when I will be on vacation. With all these parts, being new and installed at the same time, I am really hoping for a noticeable performance increase - both at the gas pedal and the gas pump.
  10. SierraBomber

SierraBomber New Member

Finished up the weekend of installing 4" Rancho Lift with 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on ATX Artillerys. What a pain! At least it is done and looks awesome IMO. One very happy guy here! lift1.jpg lift2.jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.