What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice! :great:

2. Ape

Ape Member 100 Posts

Thanks SurrealOne!
    The part that gets me is I had 2 different shops do a diagnostic on it and neither of them could find anything~! :-/

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

New fuel pump, Flowmaster muffler and Spectre air filter were just delivered to my front door! Can't wait to install them.

4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Well I just put new tie rod ends on...and now that the tires look cockeyed now I'm gonna jack it back up and take measurements and see if I missed something. Steering wheel is still off centered too

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Yes an alignment should be done whenever you change those.

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

got the last of the parts that the dealer had ordered installed to fix my stupid washer fluid issue. warrenty fix, but still annoying to drive the 30 miles and sit in traffic and what not. also priced out GM tow mirrors for my truck. can buy em from GM for $420. not sure if I want to go that route or find some after market mirrors for cheaper. decisions decisions.

Alex

7. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I had a set of aftermarket ones for a week and they quit working, so i just ended up going to the GM dealer and buying them, I only paid 350 for mine tho and it has the turn signal and power adjusting. but manual extension. there great to have especially in VA

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

good to know, ive looked at a few after market ones, I may just bit the bullet and buy GM mirrors and be done with it.

I was looking at these

http://monsterautoparts.com/gmc/SIERRA/gmc_sierra_towing_mirrors_extendable_mirror.htm

the 1332-5650B specifically.

Alex

9. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Very much similar to the ones i have on my silverado. Towing mirrors are great but its def nothing i would personally take a shortcut on again..

10. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Well, today I took the passenger wiper arm off and readjusted it to where it sits at a normal level and doesn't bang on the plastic when it goes back down. THEN, I took my bug guard off, got all the bugs off, gave it a once over with some window cleaner, then spun a nice coat of wax on it. Looks ALOT better now. More shiny.

And then I washed K's car for her. I never knew it was a white Malibu :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.