1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Spent some time this afternoon putting in my rear lift blocks and put in some skyjacker nitro 8000 shocks. was a interesting project, Now having done it, I know a few things to watch for if I ever do it again. also almost had a BIG opsie, the left side didnt get lined up right when I put it all back together, so when I was driving down the road it shifted, had to hold the wheel to left to make the truck go straight! not good, ran it back into the shop and got it fixed. I really like how the truck sits, and how it rides.

so moral of the story, when you do these kind of things, double check the alignment of everything!

Alex
  2. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member 100 Posts

Wire wheeled my rocker panels and under body. Sprayed rust prevent-er paint and then painted over that my stock silver paint. Looks alot better then taht nasty rust color IMO
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well I put some gas in her today to surprise this girl with tickets to the LSU vs Washington Huskies game which I may or may not remember. Do know LSU won and I saw ALOT of people I knew, even my cousin who came down from McChord AFB to watch the game. Tomorrow I might fill her (the truck) back up and vaccuum her out (still talking about the truck)

lsu.jpg
  4. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Bored and having been driving another vehicle which made look at my truck differently and appreciate it's appearance...dorky I know but that's what happens when you drive the same vehicle day in and day out.
    Other than that I pulled it around the corner to the front of my house in case the storm rolling through wanted to take some trees down right onto my truck.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Heaven forbid you drive your truck! What, by the way, were you driving?
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Last night I did a little bit of weight reduction, and I do mean little. More will follow. I removed the excess tail pipe from the muffler exit to the rear bumper. I'll be installing a new muffler in about week and a half so the tail pipe was going to come out anyway. I also removed the liner that was on the inside of the hood. At 11.5 years old, it was very dry and cracking. And I removed the plastic engine cover which doesn't serve any purpose other than looks, AFAIK. All in all, it was less than 15 lbs of weight. But, as old as my truck is and as expensive as gas is, every pound counts. I want to replace my damamged fleet side bed with a step side bed if I can ever find one. With less sheet metal in the bed, less bed liner material and no more tool box (current one won't fit in a step side bed if I get it), I can probably lose another 100 pounds.
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

installed an optima yellow top :)
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

posting pics about what i did yesterday. is it me, or was I not paying attention and mount my shocks upside down?

had one of "those" days yesterday. just kept making small little mistakes. having the axle not mounted quite right and then driving with the truck dog tracking was interesting, got it fixed right away. I think i got everything mounted right now!

the first pic is before any lift, the second is after the leveling kit, the third is after the rear blocks. last is one of the shocks i put in.

Alex

Attached Files:

9. CountryXJer

CountryXJer New Member

New rear door decals. Extra space on lh door is for a WTC "twin tower" decal

Attached Files:

10. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

im pretty sure theyre upside down, but in reality, i really dont think it matters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.