What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Washed the phantom on Friday and then went and met with a GM representative to discuss the issue I have of Rocky Ridge not gearing the truck for the 35" tires. I havent gotten the final word yet but it is appearing that the dealership (and many others) and Rocky Ridge are falsely advertising that the full manufacturers warranty remains intact with the lift and tires installed. Ive given the rep. numerous copies of advertisements of these trucks claiming that the warranty is not voided with this being done. Also Rocky Ridge claiming that they are an "Approved GM upfit company". The rep I met with said that all dealerships should be disclosing that any warranty issue that is claimed due to the "larger tires or lift" would not be covered by GM. I told him the exact opposite is happening and that not only do the salesman state the warranty is not void. They actually put it in writing as I showed him on my window sticker that he also made a copy of. If my warranty is void, Then I guess im gonna be looking for a lawyer to get some money back as I paid for a NEW truck that also includes in the price A 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. I will keep you guys informed.

2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

ran a power source to the rear of my truck today!
    A nice 14 gauge wire with 1/2 split loom tubing, traced all the way right beside factory loom tubing, above the gas tank and ending up right beside the tailight junction block.
    So now i have a "hot" source for any moderately powered accessories, such as my hella FF75's or anything else i add, so now i dont have to worry about splicing into factory wiring and worrying about burning it out or frying my truck

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would have to agree that they are upsidedown. It may not matter, but I would sure make fun of him if we were hanging out! :gasp:

4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

hahaha sounds like a good one to drink too

5. Ape

Ape Member 100 Posts

:sign0173: Great stickers CountryXJer!

6. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, I haven't really been on here much in the last little while, but I bought another truck to replace my Ford on Thursday. I got a 2003 GMC Sierra 3500 with the Duramax and a 12' flatbed. It needs a couple of stepper motors for the gauges but so far its great. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

sounds like a good truck [MENTION=21735]pmf608[/MENTION]

Alex

8. warost

warost New Member

I tinted the back window of my 88 S15 classic, nice........

9. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Put a new battery in my key fob and cleaned out my bed toolbox. Lots of junk in there that I haven't used in ten years. The things I do use (jumper cables, tow chain, ratchet straps) I was able to fit inside a Rubbermaid container and put under my back seat. I don't really need the toolbox any more.

10. HFD525

HFD525 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.