What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Newest Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

New Trans filter and fluid, changed front and rear diff fluid, transfer case fluid, air filter, oil and filter, maintenance II. Went all Amsoil for the fluids and oil/air filters too so we'll see how that works out.

By the way, I got all of this done at the dealership. I had contacted a couple other reputable shops in the area for a quote on the same work and the dealership was cheaper by a fair bit. They also ordered a new locking mechanism for the driver's side door under warranty. I've had nothing but good experiences with this dealership which I feel fortunate for.
  2. lindadale

lindadale New Member

I done nothing just had a long drive with the truck and feel so happy but tired too
  3. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton New Member 100 Posts

Finally installed the heated seat kit. Took longer than the quoted shop rate of 3 hrs. though! They work great, now I can drive around this winter with the window rolled down and still keep warm! Filled in that empty hole in the dash also!!
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Drove 102 miles round trip and filled up afterward. Ouch! (Gas prices being up again hurts when I fill from empty...)
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I know what you mean! Putting 31 gallons in at a time and seeing a total of around $125 is depressing. So I have been filling up at half a tank just so I don't see that $125 price tag. Yes, I am still using the same amount of fuel, but the sticker shock does not sting as much.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I can live with the price (that doesn't mean I like it), but reauthorizing at the pump makes me mad. The limits they place on the pump credit/debit card systems need to scale with the price of fuel!
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

lol, nothing like scanning your card 2-3 times so you can fill up.
  8. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The price limit has risen a little bit. It used to be $75 max but over the past few years it has been upped at most places to $125. Personally, I think the limit is silly for two reasons: 1) there are millions of drivers that have trucks and we all easily go past $75 when we completely fill up. 2) a limit is pretty pointless when all you have to do is reswipe the card.
  9. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree. I fill up at the shell stations here, which are all set at a $100 limit. Some of them will let me authorize for more if I'm using debit instead of credit (debit cards are a much bigger thing in Canada than the states). I have to say I don't want a fill-up and tell it I want something like $140 instead.

What really frustrates me though is when the pump won't let you authorize at the pump and you have to go pre-pay inside.
  10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I spend almost $90 a week on unleaded....... and 80% of that is my commute between work and home. When I bought the truck..... it was $30 a week 12 years ago. My Annual salary has not trippled either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.