What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sierra1

sierra1 New Member

Started and still doing the 2000 to 2003 new style grill and bumper upgrade.

2. Gunnin4U6754

Gunnin4U6754 Member ROTM Winner

Swapped out my Z71 decals again to all black on my truck. Think it looks good.

3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Took apart the front of my truck and going to the dealership in the morning to try n get a z71 appearance package grille. Also sent my Fab Four bumpers to get powdercoated. Still not sure if they are going on yet. I feel like my truck isn't tall enough to have beefy bumpers on it just yet

4. Attacksz

Attacksz Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I blacked out my front lower valence. I think it looks a lot better than the grayish stock color.

5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

Had 6000k HID's installed in my high beams to match my low beams. I will be doing the low high conversion. Apparently I do not need a diode jumper in my truck, I just need to ground a wire in the fuse box to make it happen (99-02).

Waiting for Fedex to drop of my Weathertech floor mats for the front seats.

6. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Gave it a quick wash with a spot free rinse, drove it home and parked it.

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I replaced the driver's side blend door actuator, changed the phillips screws holding in the blower cover to 7mm hex head bolts (to make removal and replacement of the cover easier in the future), sound-deadened the blower cover before replacing it, and removed both the fan shroud and clutch fan in preparation for more under hood work, tomorrow.

8. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Removed my side mouldings... use a heat gun, WD40, PrepSol and an old credit card (advise from another member) to scrap the tape/glue off. Still have yet to buff it all but does look allot cleaner.

9. Gunnin4U6754

Gunnin4U6754 Member ROTM Winner

I'm on my way to get my exhaust put in. It'll be a dual in dual out with either a Super 40 series Flowmaster or a flow-through Magnaflo... I'll let you guys know how it sounds and what I end up going with.

---- Ok, so Chevy has done it again.... They made it to where if you have to pass emissions or if you want to keep your warranty, you cant put dual in / dual out exhaust. They put (2) cats just after the headers and then a "Y" pipe and then another cat after the "Y" pipe. ha, ha, ha.... SO... All you have the ability to do is run a single in / dual out with the 2012 model silverado 1500. So I went with a "Super 40" series Flowmaster single in / dual out the back on each side of the spare tire. It looks great and sounds even better. I'll post up some pictures of it here shortly. For everyone that is worried about the sound of the exhaust with the AFM, you don't really notice it, as when it dumps from a V8 to V4 it just gets a little quieter with no drone in either mode.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  10. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

Had the carpet vacuumed and then shampooed so I could have a clean place to install the weathertech floor mats that arrived an hour ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.