1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We took no pictures and there's no required parts list. Why?
    1. @Nakranij asked me to show him how to make 1/0 AWG cables ... and that was all that we were SUPPOSED to be doing. He said nothing about installing the cables until just before he drove to meet me. (He should be flogged for that. Frankly, I should have said 'no way'. :))
    2. Nak's arrival at 3:30pm left barely enough time to for Nak to do the work (he was learning, so it was a bit slower, but necessary for the effort to be worthwhile) before we were out of daylight -- this is with me making two of the three cables in advance and assisting with the install by prepping things, handing things, answering questions, directing Nak, and keeping us on track in non-stop fashion in order to beat the sunset.
    3. The parts one chooses will depend largely on the type (CCA? pure copper? # strands?, etc) of wire one selects ... and the gauge of wire one selects (which varies with the type of wire and distance of the runs).
    4. Other parts one selects will depend on the application, as some people want voltage meters on the battery posts where others want them at the fuses on their amp lines while still others don't need such meters, at all, under the hood.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. Dinner

Dinner Rockstar

Gave it a bath.

Full detail this weekend.

Krown under oiling next week. Gotta love living in Ontario, Canada.

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Rotated and rebalanced my tires at work. Took a look at the brakes while all the wheels were off. Brakes are looking good and this is probably the last rotation these tires have on them.

4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

After driving home last night, I re-adjusted my headlight lamp casings and wow what a difference. driving to work this morning I think I nailed the right height down; I was behind a honda civic and the HID's light up the trunk perfect, but were not aimed so high that I was blowing out the interior of the car in front of me :)

5. Attacksz

Attacksz Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I'm planning to put in true-duals on mine. On my 04, the exhaust splits off the manifold into two pipes, with two cats. What I'm gonna do is cut off right after the cats, and run two seperate pipes all the way to the back bumper, with 4" rolled-end tips. No muffler, but 2 cats. Should be able to pass emissions, and still sound pretty good.

6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I replaced my serpentine belt and replaced my front cornering bulbs and license plate bulbs with Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. Who ever did the license bulbs last used the wrong bulbs and slightly melted the harness.

Also properly inflated my tires, helped ride a bit, truck was feeling too bouncy. Tires were each down about 4-6psi except left front that was only down maybe 1-2psi.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  7. gabethesvg

gabethesvg Member

Added EGR FLARES and ordered window visors and bug shield!!

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I purchased a Robinair -40F to +160F AC thermometer, a Mastercool R134a can tap, a Neiko R134a manifold gauge set, and a Haynes automotive HVAC manual, today, in preparation for learning to test my AC system's refrigerant level and add refrigerant, if needed.

9. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

A couple days ago there was a spider on my windshield. I tried to get him but I was driving; he then crawled into the headliner. A couple days later I went to get something in my truck, it was dark but he came out so I squished him on my windshield :) I still need to clean up the scene, but it reminds me that I don't have to look for him anymore :great:

- - - Updated - - -

Love the new flares, they go great with the wheels, you've done an awesome job with the truck!

10. gabethesvg

gabethesvg Member

AMAC Thanks for the props means alot , still got a few ideas in thought but shes coming along quite well i think. Your truck is look good, Clean and shiny as always :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.