1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hi Pmf608,

Thank you :) I was able to cancel the order before it shipped and you are right, the other flasher module looks like it is around $16 instead of $33-$53.

Unfortunately RockAuto does not carry the one I need, so I will need to locate it somewhere different.
  2. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:lol: I understand your frustration. For future reference though (probably more for others than Surreal), all the wiring is the same except the harness from the junction box on the back of your truck to the tail lights. Both function the same, but the 2003-2007 Silverados had wires for one extra little marker bulb. For reasons I doubt anyone will ever understand, the Sierras didn't get that extra marker bulb because they didn't get the new tail lights. It wouldn't even be an issue if the extra hole on the 2003-2007 Silverado lights wouldn't let moisture in. That being said, its not TOO difficult to add the wiring for that marker light if need be.

I'm glad you were able to cancel that nak. I believe the main difference is that 99-02 had the EP29 as the main flasher and a separate flasher somewhere for the trailer lights, but the 03-07 had the LM487 (I believe the factory non-LED one is LM483 or something), and the newer style serves as one module that controls all of the signal and brake lights on the truck as well as on the trailer.
  3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 100 Posts

Washed, removed the remaining glue from the side molding and waxed the truck today... It is definately a cleaner look without the molding... now onto the 4x4 stickers. Dside2b.jpg
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I took measurements under my truck bed for the placement of an air tank and narrowed down air tank options to three different tanks. I also contacted the tank vendors for more information about each. Hopefully I can order one in the next few days...
  5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

installed new cupholder assembly, since my other one broke after years of knees to the side of it getting to my center seat
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

ordered the correct flasher replacement for my truck so I can use LED switchbacks.
  7. SurrealOne

I picked up my custom-ordered PJ trailer, today, and dragged it 170 miles from the purchase point to my family's lake property -- stopping only to tighten the lugs after the first 75 miles. Then I drove another 50 miles to get back home. I don't have pics, yet, as daylight was almost gone when I stopped to do the lugs. I'll get some this weekend when I take it out to tune the brake controller for it (and set presets) -- weather permitting.
  8. SurrealOne

I just ordered a 60"x48" piece of aircraft firewall material from http://hoodliners.blogspot.com/ in order to use it to make a custom hood liner for my Reflexxion cowl induction hood ... such that the hood is protected and the cowl opening is still exposed. This stuff looks awesome. If it's as good as advertised it'll provide superior heat and chemical resistance. Installation will be a bit of a chore as I need to remove the hood to do it, but so be it.
  9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Did you get it with the transformer logo?
  10. SurrealOne

I plead the 5th...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.