1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This afternoon I dragged the trailer out to pick up a 2011 Kawasaki Mule 610 CX. Once we got it home and unloaded I parked and disconnected the trailer. Next I commenced construction of a wood prototype for a metal shelf that I intend to have fabricated to hold and protect a pair of 2.5 gallon 200psi air tanks. The prototype's primary panel and supports are done, but there's still more work to do on the prototype.
  2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Helped my son install a dual exhaust... On his/my old 1997 2500hd... :)
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Washed and detailed it, then started work on a custom mesh grill for the lower front valence panel.
    Last week I put a Road Master Active Suspension kit on it.
  4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Spent a couple hours washing and detailing and then drove it into a little creek for some pics. Then had to pull over after getting out of the creek and re-detail some. Oh well it was worth it some pics turned out good.
    2012-10-14_14-17-26_818.jpg
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

cool pic man!

Alex
  6. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Thanks!!! much appreciated after walking through that creek barefoot to get pics. Ouch!!!!
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I frabricated the final support for the wooden tank shelf prototype of my OBA project, mounted the tanks to the shelf, and bolted everything up to make sure it all fit and hung properly. I'll need to find some thick, 1.5" diameter rubber grommets before I can fashion cut-outs that'll allow me to reach the tank drains. Sadly, business travel is going to derail me from working on the project more across the next two weeks. :(
  8. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Phase two of my interior cleaning: Doubled check the three areas I did a couple of weeks ago. Attacked the driver's area - seat and floor. My driver's side floor was scary! Cleaned various gunk off all four door panels. Looks pretty good inside.

I also used some Nylon zip ties to shore up some slack in my exhaust hangers. After I installed my new muffler a few weeks ago, for some reason the tubing was resting on a cross-member of the frame and making this hellacious rattle. I put several zip ties around each of the two rubber hangers to get the tube off the cross-member. We'll see how long those hold up.
  9. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Well, a few days ago installed the replacement window and lock switches, today picked up more dual port USB phone chargers to finish my 8 port USB phone/tablet charging station in the truck. Picking up some blanks to use as templates for the face plate to make it look factory.
  10. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Installing my weather tech floor liners today... Then cleaning the interior.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.