1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

ordered a diablo intune for it. should be here sometime next week.

Alex
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I removed the stock license plate light for my trailer and extended the wiring to the rear of the trailer to allow for the installation/connection of a Plate Saver Accessory Kit (http://www.rtlglobalinc.com/servlet/the-471/Plate-Saver-Lighted-License/Detail). This will prevent the trailer plate from being scraped, bumped, and/or lost due to it hanging low ... and at the same time meet all lighting regulations for the trailer plate. (Too many times you see the plate on the rear gate of a trailer with no lighting -- which is technically illegal. Not me!)

I also received and sorted various air fittings for my OBA project.
  3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 100 Posts

Upgraded my exhaust... was sick of the drone with the MBRP exhaust. Bit the bullet and purchased a Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust with dual side exits. The drone is gone and is awesome sounding.
    [video]http://thomasrsullivan.mystarband.net/images/voice2.wmv[/video]
  4. SurrealOne

That sounds and looks good. Got an audio clip from before the change for comparison?
  5. TimTom64b

No I didnt record a before... probably should have. There is a big difference. The MBRP was much louder on idle... but the Corsa souds much crisper and tuned when into the throttle. I am very happy with it... when driving the drone is completely gone... well worth the $$$ in my book.
  6. SurrealOne

Today I put 33.8 gallons in the tank for a total of $122.00 bucks. Thankfully with a 34 gallon tank I don't have to do that very often!
  7. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member 100 Posts

Finally got everything settled this morning. She got a 2" level kit and new shoes. Liquid Metal Rhino's on 285/70R17 AT's. I think it's a big improvement over the last set I had.

Old:
    [​IMG].

New:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. TimTom64b

Went for a nice ride... Really do love the new exhaust. Not having that drone makes the ride with the family more enjoyable. I should have did this earlier...:)
  9. SurrealOne

Today I burnt half the tank I put in, yesterday, while driving around looking at land. Then I refilled what I used. Sadly I found no property I wanted. :(
  10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Although it doesn't have a GM logo on the truck it does have all GM running gear. I rewired my friends M715 with a 60's era 427,SM420 and I think it has an NP205. Also got a lot of help from [MENTION=44531]Sierraowner5.3[/MENTION] with some welding.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.