1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Installed a second set of 2000mah USB ports for charging USB devices. I am up to 4 USB ports total. This is all a proto type working toward 8 USB ports total at which point I will work on fine tuning the install so it "looks" factory.

Helped a friend move and she supplied LITS at the end of the day....... and dinner.
  2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

changed the oil (full synthetic) on my back-up vehicle (Honda CR-V) and got a new battery for it, also tried helping my dad while i was home for the weekend pull the rear wheel off of his husqvarna( however you spell it) lawnmower, no success, after hours off pounding with the sledge and using a type of pitman arm puller device, and tons of PB blast, had to give up on it, even drove the mower around hitting as many bumps and turns as possible with nothing holding the wheel on and it still would not fall off, total buzzkill
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This evening I set up two pneumatic manifolds for my OBA project. I also set up one of the two air tanks for the project. Both would be done but I managed to round off a hex plug's head on the second tank and have to figure out how the heck to get it out of there to finish off that tank. Bleah...
  4. 06 DuRaMaX

06 DuRaMaX New Member

worked on my truck...did the following... 189K on it and running like a champ..
    ...oil change
    ...oil filter
    ...front differential flush
    ...rear differential flush
    ...transfer case flush
    ...fuel filter
    ...glow plugs
    ...cleaned air intake filter
    ...changed cabin filters

next on the list...

...trannsmission flush
    ..tranns inner filter
    ...tranns spin on filter
    ...power steering flush
    ...brake fluid flush
    ...coolant flush
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looking good man! really like the new rims over those old ones.

Alex
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Last night I installed my Denali Headlights and ordered the HIR1 9011 bulbs. Today, I dropped it off at the trans shop to have the front diff rebuilt (hopefully under warranty). Hope to have it back in the next day or two so I can install the PS pump that arrived today (two days early!:party:!)
  7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

drove it to work in morning rush hour traffic. I am glad I can see above cars.:lol:
  8. SurrealOne

May I request before/after photos of the front end of the truck prior to and then after the HIRs ... and before/after photos of what is seen at night from the cab prior to and then after the HIRs?

As for what I did, today -- I installed a tongue box on my trailer and I cut the head off the hex head plug that was bound in the drain port of one my air tanks ... and then drilled the bulk of the material out. I've still got the fine work to do to get the rest of the plug out of the bulkhead without destroying the original threads. Bleah.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No problem. I had planned on it!
  10. SurrealOne

Thanks in advance!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.