1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Today I:

• Removed my hood
    • Scuffed the underside of the hood with a scotch brite pad
    • Cleaned the freshly-scuffed underside of the hood with degreaser
    • Created a fabric pattern of the underside of the hood out of a sheet
    • Used that pattern to cut a 6ft x 4ft piece of aircraft firewall material (from www.hoodliners.net) to fit my hood
    • Used 3M #80 spray adhesive to apply the material to the hood
    • Cut an opening for the port to hood's cowl
    • Removed overspray with Goo Gone Extreme
    • Applied an autobot decal
    • Used a heat gun to set the decal since the application was in three dimensions and the material to which it had to adhere was not solid
    • Reinstalled my hood
    • Found myself a bit surprised that this took all day

Here's a photo of the finished product just prior to hood reinstallation:
    2012-10-23_17-12-14_342.jpg
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] Did you just get the material or did it come cut like the guy says he does. Also what are the decal options because that looks really awesome.
  3. SurrealOne

As I understand it there are pre-cut options for OEM hoods. Since my hood is not OEM I bought a 6ft x 4ft panel of the material after taking some measurements and made my own liner. You should call Gonzalo ("Gonzo") rather than email him as he seems to be more responsive to calls. Ask him about decal options if you have something in mind. That's what I did ... and he happened to have the decal I wanted.
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

That looks great. As usual, good job:great:
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

You do nice work [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION]
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Ok [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION], I'll call him I was looking for the tahoe logo like it looks like on the moulding, a chevy bowtie and maybe Gm truck or Chevrolet all caps in 90's style.
  7. SurrealOne

Today I ordered the following for my OBA project: rotolock fittings, an intake filter, an OEM York dipstick, an oil return kit, two 1/4" MPT universal couplers, and 2 rubber covers for those universal covers. I think that about does it for parts. (Finally!)

Now I need to figure out what kind of rigid tubing to use and how much of it I'll need. I also need to find a place that makes flexible metal hose to specification, as I need it for three different locations in the project.
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

got home from a field exercise today, and installed the 87 octane tune from a diablo intune on my truck. super happy with it so far the little bit I have driven it since the install.

Alex
  9. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Cleaned my floor mats yesterday with some Zep's Citrus Degreaser. They needed it!
  10. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member

Readied my truck for winter... Installed the stock old geazer tires... And rust proofed the underside.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.