1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What do you use for that and how do you go about it? Just curious...
  2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I use eastwoods heavy dury rust protective coating... it is initually in a liquid that cures to a waxly like film... much better than rubberized undercoating...or the oil sprays which does not play well with anything rubber. Cleans up easily with prepsol.... and best thing only takes two quarts to do the entire underside of my truck.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I might have to snag some of that once my OBA project is done, as I'm adding some steel under the truck that will, of course, be painted ... but you know what happens once that paint chips. I was toying with rhino-lining or line-x'ing but that'd be spendy.
  4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Rain X all the windows waiting for Sandy to roll through Sunday/Monday if it turns more to the east and hits Central NC
  5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Spent the day hooking up my plow mounts and running the wiring for the set up. Went good, but not to say there weren't a couple tough spots. Now I just need my ultra to unimount bracket that I ordered to het here so I can get this thing off the ground.
    IMAG0567.jpg
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Changed the oil, oil filter and topped off the washer fluid.
  7. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've spent the last few evenings building a switch panel for the overhead console of my truck. It has 5 switches, custom labels below each switch, LED backlighting for the logos, and LED indicators in the switches. I finished it and got it installed in the truck tonight, and the wiring doesn't seem to work properly. It did during testing, so tomorrow I'll have to figure out whats up.

I'll post pictures once its done.
  8. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Installing a SLT center console in my SL. Also a block heater kit (GM). Put a sliding bed in the bed, makes loading so much easier!
  9. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

last yesterday put these in....projector housing with HID low beams....

Attached Files:

10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

flushed my power steering fluid with 2 gallons of new fluid. Installed my 2nd Power steering pump in the last week because the first one was defective (from AC delco) and filled the system with metal shavings!! Changed the engine oil with mobile 1 high mileage and a AC filter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.