1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Got the plow hitched up and ready to use for the first time tomorrow morning. Only 2-4" expected, but it should be good for a run.

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I got my switch panel in my overhead console fixed by repairing the ground connection. Now its done and everything is working. The only thing left to do is run the wiring for the accessories to the switches and hook stuff up.

The lighting is tied into the dash light circuit, so it comes on when the dash lights are on. The power is pulled from the constant power for the homelink and map lights, and will only be used to trigger relays that will power the accessories so nothing is overloaded.

I used the method used on this site for creating custom gauge faces to design the custom panel. I mounted that layer onto a layer of acrylic plastic and used epoxy & JB weld to mount everything to the inside of the console.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

THAT, my friend, is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Got my truck running again :)

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

How did you put the letters or markings on the plate. It looks awesome

5. pmf608

The site I linked to in my post above has a how-to on making custom gauge faces using transparency sheets and paper printed on a laser printer. I have to give that guy huge credit for giving me the idea of how to do it. I did that, but without the color layer. I just used blue LEDs to light it instead.

I used Adobe Illustrator to design the panel and add the icons, which I took out of one of the brochure of possible markings for Carling Switches. Then I just glued that part to the acrylic plastic layer and cut the holes for the switches.

Here's the link again, just for good measure. http://www.revlimiter.net/mods/gauges.php

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That is BADA$$!!!

7. FrigginNoodles

That came out great!

8. pmf608

Updated the software for my Kenwood DNX7180 navigation unit. Now I'm in the process of downloading the most recent map files from gpsunderground so that I can have a more current map version. The ones that garmin releases for Kenwood units are always a year old, and they charge $70 for it. By using the nuvi files which are updated a few times a year and people have unlocked them so you can use them without paying to unlock them, I can get the most recent map versions and not have to pay for it.

9. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have sooooo many ideas for this..... :)

10. FrigginNoodles

[MENTION=52280]nakranij[/MENTION] Well keep us posted if you decide to go for it. Would love to give it a go myself...

Thanks for the quality link [MENTION=21735]pmf608[/MENTION]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.