What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I was able to "officially" test charging an Iphone 4S on my hard wired USB device charger I have prototyped in my truck and it works :)

Devices Tested so far... HTC EVO 4G, Samsung GS3, Iphone 4S, Ipad 3....... Now to install the other 4 ports and build out my face plate for the ports and I will be done.

2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

not much but the other day i put new 4x6 boss 3 way speakers in my dash to get rid of the miss match speakers that were in there. one alpine and one pioneer.

3. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Installed the SLT center seat/console. Got a new one on e-bay for $325. Also installed a block heater on engine, had to get a special socket to change out! Need to finish my elect. brake wiring! Still undecided about the outside mirror conversion....seems very complicated, as in expensive!

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Topped off antifreeze, checked tire pressure, gassed her up, hauled a big *** trailer around the yard, and tried to use my SUV as a pick-up. Was a productive day :)

5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Redid the Rain-x and cleaned windows on the truck, replaced the rear wiper, and cleaned the mirrors.

6. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Got my first oil change and am putting the stock wheels back on for the winter even though I won't drive it if the roads are wet

Oh and last night I sweeped out the bed from putting campfire wood in it. Yes the bed of my truck is not as shiny clean as the rest of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Got my first oil change and am putting the stock wheels back on for the winter even though I won't drive it if the roads are wet :)

7. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

[MENTION=53354]AMac[/MENTION] I can't believe you soiled your bed with firewood!:surprised:

Just kidding, the truck is looking amazing as always. Maybe I'll get to check it out some time at the next get together. Keep up the good work.

As for me, I filled the truck with old windows, siding, and lattice at work today. Not too exciting. Now if I could only convince the boss to go halves on a stealth dump bed with me...

8. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Update on service today. The service man put on the invoice "handle both sets of wheels carefully". It was dark out though so I'm anxious to check things out in the morning. The driver's rear tire TPMS is not working but it was working when I took them off back in April. I don't want them having to dismount the tire because that's how some other place damaged my rim last time.

9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Do you have any pics?

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Don't you have two sets of tires -- such that you can easily switch between wheels because you only need to remove one wheel and replace it with the other without transferring a tire from one rim to the other? If so, why didn't you remove/replace the wheels, yourself? You could be 100% sure of the handling, that way ... and it's easy and costs nothing. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.