1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Sounds like she will look gorgeous when you get her done.

2. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* Member 1 Year

I installed iSimple into my trucks sound system. I can now connect an iPod or iPhone and listen to music. Glade that I got it done before my cruise this Friday. :happy: Now I don't have to worry about switching from one radio station to the next. It's a 7 to 8 hour drive to meet up with the cruise. :neutral:
  3. 1953bowtieguy

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I cut the 7 spade connector's mount point off the towing assembly, today, and then I ground down the weld points and painted the assembly. It's drying in the garage, at the moment, and I'll reinstall it in the morning and take some photos. I may or may not get a chance to upload them, depending on holiday travel. (I'm at the mercy of someone else's schedule...)
  5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

More Plasti dip...
    IMAG0635.jpg
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Installed my spec d black housing headlights. I'm very happy with the fitment.
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I took my wooden prototype air tank carrier to an entity that will bend, weld (as needed), and drill (as specified) one for me out of 1/8" steel. I was surprised that the guys liked the wooden prototype, as I figured they'd want technical drawings (which I'm perfectly capable of making) ... but they said they'd prefer something they can interact with for comparison (which is exactly why I built the prototype -- to test it!).

I also finalized a subtle project I've been working on that has a number of stages which included aftermarket backup camera replacement and relocation, 7-spade connector removal and relocation, 7-spade carrier removal from the towing assembly, and painting the towing assembly. Here are the results:

Aftermarket backup cam and OEM 7-spade connector before work:
    7-spade & backup cam (before).jpg

Aftermarket backup cam after work:
    backup cam (after).jpg

OEM 7-spade connector and towing assembly after work:
    7-spade (after).jpg
  8. 1953bowtieguy

[MENTION=43318]FrigginNoodles[/MENTION] Looking Good
  9. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Thanks! She's getting there.

Repainted the bowtie to match the grill a better. Looks a bit funny because the paint was still wet. It will dry flat like the grill.
    IMAG0646.jpg

Surreal, the mods look great. Very clean looking as always. Nice how you were able to get your camera mounted in the tailgate handle. Liking the trailer wiring relocated too.
    Any certain reason for relocating the 7 pin? Cleans it up for sure.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  10. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

No, I only have 4 wheels/tires for my stock tires. I do have a full size spare but I believe it's on a steel rim. Getting the TPMS fixed will be at no additional cost.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.