1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lokalmotive

lokalmotive New Member

Got the bad purge valve replaced by the dealer. Glad to see that CEL gone!!
  2. whiteboye

whiteboye New Member

2" Zone Offroad leveling kit and Painted door handles. BAM
    IMAG0438.jpg BEFORE IMAG0441.jpg AFTER IMAG0283.jpg IMAG0282.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG0440.jpg BEFORE IMAG0443.jpg AFTER
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

looking good!

Alex
  4. whiteboye

whiteboye New Member

Thanks, I appreciate the comment =)
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the site, everything you need to know is right at your fingertips.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

My (1/8" steel) dual 2.5 gallon air tank carrier was finalized, today. Here it is prior to painting, tank installation, or bolt-up:
    -----
    steel_final.jpg
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

looks nice, where are you mounting it? I was thinking about doing something similar. I have a bunch of mounting options as the yukon xl has a lot of open under body real estate!
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

@Pikey, I have surprisingly little under body real estate for a long bed. Why? The 34 gallon fuel tank chews it up on the driver's side ... and the exhaust runs down the passenger side. Down the center is the drive shaft .. and I have a full-size spare tire that matches the shoes my truck wears. The bolt-up locations of my wheel-to wheel nerf bars preclude mounting tanks along the driver's or passenger's side of the truck just below the door sills.

This left precisely one location to work with: behind the driver's seat, through the floor of the extended cab (basically forward of the fuel tank). In that location the image in my previous post would have the edge closest to the camera bolted to the bottom of the frame rail while the (removable) side farthest from the camera faces the drive shaft. The right side faces the front portion of the fuel tank and bolts up to an existing support located there. The left side of the box is toward the nose of the truck and the welded-on flange of the box bolts up to the top of the frame rail for support. The twin 2" holes are so that I can access the tank draincocks without removing the carrier from the truck -- and I have plugs that fit them which will be removed only when I need draincock access.

There's intentionally about 1/4" gap above the carrier's walls (between the extended cab floor and the top parts of the carrier sides). I left the top open so that condensation would not steadily form and be trapped in the carrier, however, I fear that dirt/debris will accumulate in the carrier because of the gap I left for air flow. By the same token, the wheel of my spare is also upwardly exposed, like this, and seems just fine ...but it's also not right next to the drive shaft which might fling/deflect things. The gap's small. Do you think it needs a top/dust cover?
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

maybe some sort of wire loom cover? something to keep the larger debris out, but still have airflow.

without being able to look at it mounted, im not sure what i would do.

Alex
  9. Got to try out the plow this morning. Only got 2" of the white stuff, but it made for a good practice run down the road.
  10. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

[MENTION=43318]FrigginNoodles[/MENTION] Well how did it work?/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.