What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

It seemed to work well. The driveway is a dirt road. It was little more bouncy and loud than I expected it to be. Can't wait for more snow though. I think it will be easier to see where I plowed compared to doing such little snow.

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You might consider putting a cover of some sort on the front side (toward the nose of the truck) and maybe on the drive shaft side. I assume that the frame side will mount tight so nothing will get in. I would leave the back open. Have you considered a woven metal cloth or fine perforated sheet. With holes small enough that air can flow but, rocks and mud will not enter. Some thing like this http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-perforated-metal-sheets/=ker8lw or http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-wire-mesh/=kerain . Obviously, you would not need to use stainless

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I removed the rear bumper, removed the plastics from the rear bumper, removed rust from inside the rear bumper, primed inside the rear bumper, painted inside the rear bumper (3 coats), masked portions of the outside of the rear bumper, and prepped & painted the center step portion of the rear bumper (3 coats). Flat black was used for all paint work. A bit more to do, tomorrow.

@Pikey, the 'back' (which is what you see on the right side, in the photo) is already closed, so it can't be left open. I absolutely wanted that closed so that I had steel between my fuel tank and my compressed air tanks ... in case of a rupture. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for a top, if anything.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  4. whiteboye

whiteboye New Member

So glad it doesn't snow in Texas this far south...what a nightmare.
    Nice trucks btw gentlemen.

5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

working on my under hood light and running into some problems and need to go back to the drawing board.... the lights work, its just a matter of "placement" that I did not realize before.

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I put the bumper (which I removed over the weekend and painted) back on the truck. Here are the before/after shots:

Before:
    before.jpg

After:
    after.jpg

7. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Brought Tahoe to the shop so they can try to remove my broken plug. I hope it works out....

8. Hidef

Hidef New Member

On Friday I took my Sierra and the wife's Traverse to Krown and had them oil spray the both off them. Then this afternoon I installed the rear fender liners on the sierra. That was a 20 minute job at best I have a 90 degree cordless drill so I didn't have to pull the tires. The old truck last 12 years but I never had it oil sprayed and she was pretty rusted out. I am hoping this one will last just as long but will still look good and not be rusted out.

9. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

dealer stuff just done : oil, lube, filter, tire rotation, fix leak in tire (staple from ??),
    install Chrome Door Handles, check P.S. ( getting new unit as it loses power when
    going slow ---esp. when backing up one of our Trailers), -----still goin' get that
    Tranny Pan drain plug soon.....Brian

10. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Overlaid the hood with 3-m vinyl in a black carbon fiber pattern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.