1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=56140]McClintoc[/MENTION] I love the new rims they look very nice.

Yesterday I finished up the electrical work on my truck and installed my new climate control light bulbs.
    Now my back light is fully functional again and I can turn it on when ever I want. I still need to make the electrical box look pretty, but it is almost done.
    2012-12-21_19-00-19_489.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Installed new bulbs in all my interior lights. Added LEDs to the front map lights, front courtesy lights, and the licence lights. Lord are they bright and so white. They are made by Sylvania and amazing.

2012-12-22_15-39-01_832.jpg 2012-12-22_13-03-35_740.jpg 2012-12-22_15-38-06_245.jpg 2012-12-22_15-38-17_71.jpg 2012-12-22_15-38-24_85.jpg 2012-12-22_15-38-29_98.jpg

Attached Files:

2. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* Member 1 Year

Pissed me off.

The other day I painted my Chevy BowTie black and waited until today to put it on. I went to Wal-Mart for around an hour to do some last minute shopping for food before Christmas. I get done shopping and see my truck and someone must have liked my BowTie so much that they decided they had to have. I couldn't believe it. :grrrrrr:

:neutral:I guess thats what I get for always backing my truck into parking spots instead of just pulling into them. Am I the only one that does that? I do it so it's easier to spot my truck. :lol:

Here is a picture of what was my BowTie after I painted it.
    011.jpg
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice work, BlackSmoke*. It's completely lame that someone swiped it.
  4. Conlan Rose

Well currently I reek of old antifreeze but the radiator is out and engines is flushed now just need to install the new radiator and refill.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I finished the work and now no more leaks. Installed new radiator, upper hose, lower hose and thermostat. Then I refilled with Dex-cool. Finished by letting her idle for about 20 mins while I cleaned up the spills from missing the drain pans. Overall a great day.
  5. SurrealOne

I removed the OEM front license plate holder and replaced it with an aftermarket plate holder after modifying it to bolt to the OEM location. The purpose of this was to drop the front license plate down about one inch so that the twin slots in the bumper are not obscured by the front plate, as I plan to install my LED light bars in those slots.
  6. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Scarred up one of my rims today! Trying to get around a Christmas shopper! Don't go out today, its a nightmare! (it's raining is So Cal)
  7. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Got my purty white truck FILTHY driving out in the nice wintry rain here in Ohio. Gotta love it...

When it dries up I gotta give my baby a bath and I will be installing a Denali grille and Black Halo's.. will post up pics in my trucks album when its done!
  8. Conlan Rose

I installed my new Sylvania Silverstar Ultra headlights. Man are they bright. Also restored my headlight housings, park lights and tail lights.
  9. SurrealOne

This Christmas day I completed the back-end wiring on the environmentally sealed relay block that I have been working on. All she needs now are properly sized (for each application) fuses (5), a positive connection to the +12v stud, a negative connection, and she'll be good to go for 5 relay-based accessories that will draw off the aux battery. (I have 3 in the immediate future: rear LED work lights, front LED light bars (2), and the York compressor clutch.)

Back Side - back-end wiring complete, +12v stud unconnected:
    2012-12-25_19-01-13_822.jpg

Front side - closed:
    2012-12-25_19-02-19_970.jpg
    Front side - open, no fuses installed:
    2012-12-25_19-02-53_704.jpg
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Scraped off a couple of inches of snow/ice so I won't have to do it in the morning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.