1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ordered the wall bracket for my coalescing filter for use in frabricating a mounting bracket for it in the engine compartment.

- - - Updated - - -

I also met up with Nakranij and took measurements under his full-size overhead console so that I'll know where to cut my headliner when installing a full size overhead console. We also did some experimentation to determine if 'd need to swap the map lights ... and it appears that I will have to do so if the fleabay'd overhead console I bought is a 2-wire system. I liked Nak's Putco LED map lights better than my own (brighter and they function better) so I ordered a set when I got home.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yesterday I jump started someones van and over the course of the week I have been making a site about truck mods and how to's for my final project in a class. This weekend I might install my new cables, but right now it is too cold.
  3. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan New Member 100 Posts

Filled the tank + added air to driver side back wheel, it was quite low. Must keep on eye on it.

Also noticed an interesting cold weather (?) related glicth: Red Dust had stand parked for the whole week, last two days have been quite cold, at start up this morning it was -32 celsius. Anyway, with block heater on it started in a sec. and purred like a kitten, however it took almost 15 minutes (10 min. of idling and some driving) untill heater blower switched to "hi". The panel showed the setting but no air flow.

As ever, with blower going on full blast the cabin was warm almost immediatelly :)

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

worked on a plan for a few aesthetic mods for my truck. more to come later.

Alex
  5. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* New Member

I got another Chevy BowTie and painted it.as-well. "Hopefully this one won't get stolen." I also went out and bought some heat shrink and some diodes and installed them so that I have all my lights on when on high.

Attached Files:

6. SurrealOne

Removed a homelink controller from a full sized overhead console and cleaned it up. Installed the custom-mounting plate for my (also custom) Bussmann relay box. Wired in the relay box and tested to verify all was working properly. Located a template for flushmount Rigid Dually D2's on each side of the bumper and then drilled and cut the template from the bumper. Once done I painted the bare steel at the cut-out points and am now letting it dry overnight.

Custom Bussman mounting plate (installed):
    bussman_mount.jpg

Custom Bussmann relay box (installed):
    bussman_installed.jpg

Flushmount Rigid Dually D2 template (driver's side):
    duallyd2_template.jpg

Flushmount Rigid Dually D2 template (driver's side - drilled and cut):
    duallyd2_template_cutout.jpg
  7. jnbama

jnbama Member 100 Posts

The last thing I did to my truck was add little air to the ride front tire, swept out the floor , put up the windshield shade and parked it till for another week till I get home. Hello to everyone in the midwest and the southeast you may have passed me going down the road this week, stay safe :tongue:
  8. 20TahoeLT12

20TahoeLT12 New Member

I had my bow ties painted green!
    [​IMG]
  9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I washed Tahoe and was going to check vitals, but didn't get a chance. Will do so later today.

- - - Updated - - -

Very unique, I like it :great:
  10. SurrealOne

Applied another coat of paint to the rear bumper cutouts for the Rigid Dually D2's, installed the Dually D2's, mated up the wiring and covered it in tape-wrapped 1/4" wire loom, and test to make sure they worked. Now all I need is a switch in the cab ... but cab wiring is a project for next weekend, weather permitting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.