1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

SurrealOne---your installed Bussmann Box sure looks neat and tidy all done.
    Brian
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks! Here's how the Rigid Dually D2 flush mount lights came out...

rigid_duallyd2_flushmounts_installed.jpg
  3. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Pics of them on please!!
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

In cab wiring (for their switch, other switches, and a gauge) will have to come first, as my test switch is a bit unmanageable in the dark under the hood on nights wtih sub-freezing temps. I'm looking at next weekend if the weather permits -- and I might get both Rigid 10" LED bars done, up front, too. At least that's the plan.
  5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

After 10 years of my amp being installed and having some minor issues with 10 year old wiring, I trimmed off an inch of wire on each end of the the hot and the ground and re-wired and tightened the lugs down and everything has returned to normal for the stereo.

The next amp I wire will be done allot different (in a different truck).
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION], that looks really sharp!

i ran around with a buudy of mine today truck shopping for him. I think we found him a truck. also stopped and bought a black chrome exhaust tip for mine and put it on. I like it. next is to figure out how to mount some Trucklite HID LED lights i picked up. not sure how im gonna do that.

Alex
  7. Skippy

Skippy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Replaced the right rear taillight on my Silverado 1500. Cost me $48.95 from Amazon.com. GREAT looking light. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0023VITP2/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

The best part was the light came with a whole light harness set (lights included). My left tail light had a turn signal out, so I just used one of the lights from the new harness (didn't need it, just the casing broke). Two fer one!

My old one broke when I backed into a cut tree limb that I couldn't see out the rear view mirror while turning around on a trail. Up in the mountains hunting...

-Skip
  8. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Hmmm let's see. Started a work list and it might not get that far in. I actually had the thought of getting a new to me truck. Kate hates the body style and it'd be pointless for me to get another truck this close to deployment. Oh well. Work list is as follows:

Transfer case
    knock sensors
    oxygen sensors
    wiper blades
    windshield seal
    cv axles
    rear end
    vacuum
    paint
    headliner
    third brake light
    inspection
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

heck of a list. i can give ya hand with some of that if need be. I also know where you can get a 2011 Sierra SLT extended cab Z71 for cheap.

if that tickles your fancy. :lol:

Alex
  10. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Lol I almost wish. I decided not to get my truck up here yet. Too much to have it shipped like my dad wants. I don't know what I'm gonna do though. It almost feels like new truck time to me but, I'm actually trying to save most of my 1751.68$ a month lol. Doing kinda good this month
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.