1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

well, let me know. its actually a new truck thats still hanging around a dealer i was at today with bud looking for a truck for him.

Alex
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

3. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

Dropped off my truck today at the body shop to repair my fender and fet my fenderflares painted
  4. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member

Tried to diagnose a transmission issue but the problem never happened, lol. It heads to the shop tomorrow so hopefully their scanner can pick up the problem.
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

Started detailing my truck to go get a trade in quote on it, if its the right price ill be getting a dmax. If not its going in the market to see what I can get. Got a lot of Buffing to go. Got the engine bay and under carriage looking brand new
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

@Sierraowner5.3 - Thanks!

Let's see, today I replaced the map lights with (a pair of) Putco 280003W Type T white LED stick bulbs -- which resolved a problem I was having with my previous no-name 5-LED map lights. Next I applied dielectric grease to the auxiliary battery terminals and lugs since I'm done working on them, for now. Last, I fashioned an overhead console faceplate for my toggle switches and air pressure gauge ... and then confirmed a good fit for the set. I'm pleased with the results... but not so much with the 4ish hours of painstaking measurement and dremel time.

Overhead console panel (cuts finished):
    overhead_panel_empty.jpg

Overhead console panel (switches and gauge installed):
    overhead_panel_filled.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. 95C1500

95C1500 Member

Got a free toolbox for it!
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] you know you love it!! It turned out nice. Now lets get some tubing done!! I never thought I would have my tires on before you got your air system done.:sign0020:

I do really like the panel. Where did you get those switches from?
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

dude, that looks amazing! might need you to fab me up some stuff!

and grats@95C1500. free stuff is always good, like my lights i just got!

Alex
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

@Sierraowner5.3 - Thanks, again!

@aloxdaddy99 - Check this thread for switch details (probably more than you wanted to know). Also, I -knew- the OBA project would be brutally long, as it covers every discipline in which I have skills and tools ... and a number where I flat-out don't. However, I figured I'd have it done long before your tires as I was beginning to think tires for you were a bit like @nakranij's quest for a unicorn, erm, I mean Duramax.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.