What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

well, let me know. its actually a new truck thats still hanging around a dealer i was at today with bud looking for a truck for him.

Alex

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Roger that

3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Dropped off my truck today at the body shop to repair my fender and fet my fenderflares painted

4. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Tried to diagnose a transmission issue but the problem never happened, lol. It heads to the shop tomorrow so hopefully their scanner can pick up the problem.

5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Started detailing my truck to go get a trade in quote on it, if its the right price ill be getting a dmax. If not its going in the market to see what I can get. Got a lot of Buffing to go. Got the engine bay and under carriage looking brand new

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

@Sierraowner5.3 - Thanks!

Let's see, today I replaced the map lights with (a pair of) Putco 280003W Type T white LED stick bulbs -- which resolved a problem I was having with my previous no-name 5-LED map lights. Next I applied dielectric grease to the auxiliary battery terminals and lugs since I'm done working on them, for now. Last, I fashioned an overhead console faceplate for my toggle switches and air pressure gauge ... and then confirmed a good fit for the set. I'm pleased with the results... but not so much with the 4ish hours of painstaking measurement and dremel time.

Overhead console panel (cuts finished):
    overhead_panel_empty.jpg

Overhead console panel (switches and gauge installed):
    overhead_panel_filled.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Got a free toolbox for it!

8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] you know you love it!! It turned out nice. Now lets get some tubing done!! I never thought I would have my tires on before you got your air system done.:sign0020:

I do really like the panel. Where did you get those switches from?

9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

dude, that looks amazing! might need you to fab me up some stuff!

and grats@95C1500. free stuff is always good, like my lights i just got!

Alex

10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

@Sierraowner5.3 - Thanks, again!

@aloxdaddy99 - Check this thread for switch details (probably more than you wanted to know). Also, I -knew- the OBA project would be brutally long, as it covers every discipline in which I have skills and tools ... and a number where I flat-out don't. However, I figured I'd have it done long before your tires as I was beginning to think tires for you were a bit like @nakranij's quest for a unicorn, erm, I mean Duramax.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.