What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I cleaned off a foot of snow and went to the school and did some donuts, lol

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Finished my LED light bar installation into the bumper slots of my truck:
    Rigid_10inch_SRseries_Specter_Driving_Lights.jpg

One minor problem:
    One of the LED bars isn't a driving light bar. It was packaged in a box that said it was ... and what I paid for was supposed to be a driving light bar. This didn't become apparent until testing -- when the beam patterns were oddly different. I've contact Rigid about the problem. This means I'll have to take it all apart, again, to do a light bar swap ... due to an error that wasn't mine. :(

3. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] looks real good, sorry about their error. Do you have those integrated as blinkers as well?

4. SurrealOne

No. At 5100 lumens, each, I have zero intent to do so; I'd blind people while signaling...

5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I'm now trying to find where my new leak are coming from, they are appearing every where and for no reason.... very annoying since the truck has been great for months.

6. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I worked on my wiring of a fuse block and some relays to go with the overhead switches I installed. It's not as clean and elegant as Surrealone's wiring is, but it will be functional and look close to stock.

Yesterday I pulled a set of seat heaters from a Ford Focus at Pick-n-pull. Today I tested them and removed the leather from the bottom part of the rear passenger side seat to see how difficult it will be to install heaters in the rear seats. It only took a couple of minutes to disassemble because GM holds the leather to the contours using velcro instead of metal rings like the Focus. With some minor trimming of the heater pad to accommodate the velcro, it should be really easy to install the seat heaters back there.

7. SurrealOne

Interesting project!

8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have determined that what ever happens, my current truck will either be garaged or sold this year and replaced with a new or new used model.

It is my daily driver, I don't have a second vehicle, and don't want the expense of maintenance on a second vehicle (Tax, title, plate, oil changes, tires, etc). I want 1 working vehicle.

My choices are to go with a 2014 and eat the depreciation since I keep my vehicles 12+ years or to go with a 2011-2009 and save a bunch on the front end and eat crud on it on the back end like I am doing now the my current truck.

Either way, they are money pits.... do you want to bend over now or later? At least with the new truck you have a full warranty.

9. SurrealOne

Two used vehicles (with tax, title, plates, etc.) are usually cheaper than a single brand new one ... and you don't care about warranties at that point because if something happens to one you drive the other ... and you have one to drive while you tinker with one.

Not trying to convince you not to replace what you have -- just pointing out that it's fallacy to think there are not cost-effective means around the warranty issue. Heck, having a small econobox to drive in addition to a truck might actually be cash advantageous -- as you could drive the econobox for commutes and the truck when you need a truck. (You know -- the right tool for the job approach.)

10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=52280]nakranij[/MENTION] Do I hear a Dmax Firing up??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.