Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zac001

Zac001 New Member

Today I changed the oil, replaced the third brake light and did saftey and emissions

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I:
    • Received my RMA number and return shipping label from Rigid
    • Removed my bumper
    • Removed the non-matching/incorrect light bar
    • Replaced it with the matching/correct light bar that Rigid 2-day shipped to me
    • Reassembled the bumper
    • Aimed the light bars
    • Installed twin 200psi Viair tanks into my custom air tank carrier (project has been on hold a while; it was time to move it along)
    • Reset the Homelink system
    • Programmed the Homelink system to operate the garage doors at the family lake house
    • Tested to make sure the Homelink system was working properly
    • Put 28 gallons of 87 octane in the truck while in VA (at $3.24 a gallon ... nearly $0.25/gal less than in NC)
    • Drove the truck 80mi back to my place in the city

3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yesterday I removed the leather from the seatback on the rear passenger side seat. Then I got the heater pad trimmed to allow the velcro to hold the leather to the seat and glued the heater pad to the seat foam. I also disassembled the driver heated seat switch and power window switch to remove the green tint from the white LEDs that are in there from the factory. It turns out my specific heated seat switch uses green molded plastic instead of the green rubber light filter I saw in a picture on the internet. The window switch uses a green rubber filter though, so I just cut holes in it for the LEDs to shine through without turning green. I'll probably still replace them when I get to doing the rest of the interior though so that they are more vivid.

4. SurrealOne

[MENTION=21735]pmf608[/MENTION], are you going to tackle a LED replacement in the cab a la zigger's?

5. pmf608

Yep! I had done it in my Silverado with Blue LEDs, but that one was easy because the gauges used 194 bulbs. I've finally decided that I'm going to take the time to desolder all the factory bulbs and use white LEDs. I'm just going to use higher quality ones this time than I did in the silverado. AND put a 12V voltage regulator in line with the illumination circuit. LEDs are usually paired with a resistor for a 12V setting and the 14.3V or higher during normal operation can sometimes kill them. When everything is at a nice even 12V, its just easier.

Now I'm going to redo the heated seats I've already done. I needed to replace the one I cut the element on, but I couldn't find a match for the ones I had (no more newer Focuses with leather) so I got a similar set from a Lincoln LS. BUT, I want them all to match, so they will all be Lincoln LS seat heaters now. As an added bonus, the girl at Pick n Pull didn't charge me for them this time. I also bought a factory underhood light that will be installed in the Avalanche soon.

6. SurrealOne

[MENTION=21735]pmf608[/MENTION], I'm jealous. My time for modding is rapidly declining. By March/April it may have dwindled to nothing which is why I'm killing myself every weekend to bring my existing projects to a close.

7. pmf608

I've found that in the last year I just haven't had the time I would like to work on my vehicles, so I feel for you. I've been starting to make sure I make time to work on my vehicles because it is what I really enjoy doing. Your rigid LED bars have also inspired me. Since I still haven't found a worthwhile set of shrouds for my (small) fog light projectors that won't melt, I've been thinking that once summer rolls around, I might pick up a pair of white dually lights and a pair of amber dually lights to put in my fog light openings and set up the white dually lights as my main fog lights, with the amber ones as extra light.

8. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I picked up some used Ultra Predator on craigslist, they do need a good polish but it was a good deal. So I'll polish them up then start looking for some tires or sell them and profit.

[​IMG]

9. SurrealOne

That sounds killer! Have you considered amber covers (http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/coverduallyoptical.htm) instead of a dedicated set of amber LEDs? If you mated the amber covers on one set with a clear cover on the other set you'd still get a clean look AND you'd get some added flexibility in that you could remove the amber covers for those times when you wanted 4 dually's running white light. :)

10. pmf608

Thats true. I was familiar with the covers, but hadn't given them much thought. I like that idea now that you mention it though... That way I could have the white light for normal use and be able to switch to amber quickly if I were in heavy fog or a situation where the amber would be more beneficial.

As far as what I did to my truck today... Since my last post, I took off the 2 rear seat heaters I had already done to replace them with the new set I got. Then I did the other side, so all of the rear seat heater pads are in place. I then installed my auxiliary fuse panel and relays, and did the wiring for my LED light behind my grille. Tomorrow I will run the wire between my switch panel and relays, and the wiring for the rear heated seats. Then if I have time, I will replace my remote starter with a newer one that I have because the remote on my current one has kicked the bucket and isnt worth replacing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.