1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe New Member

Got my new hood release lever yesterday and installed it. No monre hanging piece of plastic mess. Ordered a new lock slider for the driver side door panel yesterday. Should be here today. All I need now is an antenna. Need to look to see if I just need the mast of a new base too. Something is broke for sure.

Does anybody have a shorty antenna? If you do, how is the reception? They look cooler than the original, but I don't want to sacrifice for looks.
  2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

What year truck do you have? But do not have a shorty antenna but I have heard it has the same quality reception as stock.
  3. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe New Member

1999 silverado. I was looking at a few sites and the shorty antennas are not that expensive. I don't have an antenna and I can't pick up my favorite country station so i'm stuck with pop music or cd's. I's opt for XM but I don't have that type of cash right now.
  4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

Well I would suggest that you do the "antenna delete" mod. I did it on my 2002 and I get all the same channels, it just doesnt pick up HD channel in the middle of no where. Here is my how-to.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/73945-Antenna-Delete

And here is another one that is popular.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/66123-How-To-Shave-Your-Antenna

Definitely looks cleaner after I did the mod. :great:
  5. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe New Member

Those are some good write ups. I will have to see if the base is broken or not. I just kind of peeked at it. I may do your mod since I work in a factory with lots of spare wire that I can use.
  6. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

finally sound deadened the inside of my door panels
  7. ttuguy1983

ttuguy1983 New Member

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I:
    • Loaded the bed and cab full of things to move into storage
    • Drove 1.5 hours and unloaded the truck
    • Installed a pair of 2" diameter expandable rubber freeze plugs into the 2" diameter holes (that exist to allow me to open the draincocks on each tank and drain them) on the bottom of the OBA system's air tank carrier
    • Measured and cut two bolts to length for use securing the front air manifold of the OBA system to its bracket, once finished
    • Measured and cut two bolts to (a different) length for use securing the rear air manifold of the OBA system to the frame rail
    • Teflon taped and installed 1/2" MPT compression fitting (for 1/2" OD tubing) into the rear air manifold of the OBA system
    • Teflon taped a 1/4" MPT compression fitting (for 1/2" OD tubing) for use at the rear bulkhead connector of the OBA system
    • Teflon taped a 1/4" MPT quick disconnect fitting for use at the rear bulkhead connector of the OBA system
    • Cut the stamp-crushed end off a 60 foot coil of 1/2" OD annealed copper tubing to provide a clean compression fitting connection
    • Laid out all tools necessary to plumb a 1/2" OD hard line from the rear air manifold to the rear bulkhead connector of the OBA system, tomorrow
  9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Didn't really touch the truck, but did get in my LED light strip and tested it to make sure it works. Seems bright. I will have to make sure it will fit later today.
    2013-02-15_21-13-23_109.jpg 2013-02-15_21-13-31_511.jpg 2013-02-15_21-42-14_696.jpg 2013-02-15_21-42-22_728.jpg 2013-02-15_21-42-29_487.jpg 2013-02-15_21-43-08_85.jpg
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I:
    • Installed the rear quick disconnect and dust/debris cap for the OBA system
    • Ran a 1/2" OD annealed copper hard line from the rear air manifold location to the rear quick disconnect location
    • Connected the hard line to the rear quick disconnect and the rear air manifold using 1/4" MPT to 1/2" OD compression fittings
    • Installed/attached the rear air manifold to the frame rail
    • Installed an under-hood LED light strip
    • Ran the positive and negative wires for the under-hood LED strip but DID NOT connect them (b/c I'm waiting on a switch)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.