1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I'm starting to pile up some new parts for mods this spring... lights, grill and suspension upgrades. just waiting for good weather to start installing...:)

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Last night I removed my Kenwood navigation unit and opened it up to get to the microSD card the navigation files are stored on. I've managed to get the files off, and now after a struggle with making my computer work properly with SD cards, I'm working on setting up the clone card with the updated navigation files.

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Updated my intune and went out and tweaked the settings on my truckj, turned the AFM/DOD off, turned off torque management, and tuned the TCM for firmer shifts. its almost scary now. makes me want my custom tune from lew even more.

Alex

4. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys, a bout a month ago i was out in the garage and i started to gut out the fiberglass packing out of the resonator tips on my exhaust. However, the very next day after i started i brock my wrist and hand in a snowmobile accident. So no workin on the truck for a while..

Well yesterday i got up the nerve and went out to the garage and decided to give her another go. Got one side done in about an hour and a half and the other side done in about a half hour lol.

The reason i was doing this was because with what i paid for the exhaust i was expecting something a little bit more in the sound department. It was just a bit too quiet and the tone was off.

Well now, I gotta say, The sound is deffinately there! Its not crazy loud but it did increase in decibels enough to notice. And the tone is lower and deeper. Also when you get on it its got the Growl i wanted. This was all just revving it in the driveway tho so i'm excited to get her out on the road and hear what she's got.

I'll get pics of the tips after i gutted them( sorry no before), and pics of the crap i removed from them up soon.

-BFG-

5. UpsetProps

UpsetProps Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Had the windows tinted on Saturday, 20%.

6. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe Member

Cleaned an almost black maf yesterday. Now it's on to the tb....i peeked at it and it too is black.

7. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Yesterday I began planning my integrated circuit that will control my new LED lights. Made a wiring diagram for it. Not sure if it will work so any advice would be much appreciated.
    lightbaric.jpg

8. pmf608

In theory, something like that should work. However, I do have to add my input that I tried to run power through relays backwards like that (from pin 87 and 87A instead of from pin 30) and got no power on the other side. That could very well be different based on the relays, but I have to mention that.

Anyway, in terms of what you have there... as long as the relays let the power flow in that direction unlike mine did, the outside lights should work for tail lights & turn signals and the middle should work for tail lights and brakes. The only other thing I'd add is test your LED strips with the voltage regulator beforehand to make sure they handle the reduced voltage well and still operate.

Now for what I did today... I finished & installed my temporary switch panel for my rear heated seats, installed a higher amperage fuse because 15A isn't enough to run both at once (wires are run separately after fuse, so everything is still safe) and then parked my truck in the cold to get on a plane to Phoenix today. Last night I also finished all of the heated seat wiring including split loom tubing and having everything nice and stock looking. I also finished up a couple of wires under the hood with split loom and electrical tape.

9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Based on the Info I looked up on the relays that I'm gonna to use they should work both ways, but that's what prototyping is for. The relays aren't automotive ones they are for computers/12v electronics work. The led strips work from 5v up to 14.4 I checked using a hobby shop transformer from my old train set and tested the voltage. The voltage regulator is type 7805 regulator.

10. pmf608

In that case, you should be good to go. Since the LEDs don't draw much power, the computer relays are a good choice because they'll help you save a bit of space too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.