1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Yup and they make both building they system easier, since its on a PC board, and make prototyping a breeze because I can use a 12v bread board. But I will need to get much better at soldering.
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

I with the help of [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] installed LED light strip on the bottom side of my hood. Took a bunch of pics and will try to do a write up.
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

It's pretty easy to get better at soldering through practice. If you're like me though, once you do you're going to end up finding a lot of wiring projects to do once you're good at soldering.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It turned out really sharp. You should load a teaser pic into this thread!
  5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

got a pair of new seat belt retainer buttons (the little plastic pieces that keep your seatbelt from falling down to the seat, and I received and installed my new weathertech digitalfit floor mats :)
  6. SurrealOne

Loaded up the bed and cab with more bins for storage, drove up to the storage unit near the family lake house, unloaded the truck, then decided to park at the lake for the evening.
  7. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member ROTM Winner

Ordered my upper control arm kit and torsion keys for my upcoming suspension upgrade. Now just to decide on shocks... thinking maybe fox, readylift or kings.
  8. SurrealOne

Changed oil and filter, checked all fluids and topped off where necessary, checked serp belt tension, and rotated tires.
  9. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater New Member

New wheels and tires! Went with the 20" Texas Edition Silverado wheels and the Bridgestone Duelers A/T Revo 2 tires. Replaced the 18" stock Z71 wheels. (Which are up for sale BTW).

285792_635009833597_1638946821_n.jpg

Before
    535510_635009848567_1292734408_n.jpg

After
    602059_635009873517_1539190389_n.jpg
    538313_635009818627_1166098620_n.jpg
  10. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe New Member

Cleaned the TB yesterday trying to track down the rough idle on cold start-ups (I will find out here in a little while if it helped). The TB was black with gunk. It looks almost brand new now. In the process I broke the small black retainer that holds the cruis control cable to the linkage. I called the auto parts sotres here and it appears it will be a dealership only part. Now I need to figure out how to get the broken piece off and the new one on when I get it in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.