Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyler87

tyler87 Rockstar

Sorry been with out internet for quite some time now.. Love the gear change tho its a different truck now, lot more fun to drive! The only draw backs so far is a little loss of mpg and its still feels a little different with the locker but definitely worth it!
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Used my truck for its true purpose today. Bought about $600 in wood and other supplies for my eagle project. It didn't all fit in Tahoe so I had to have my friend in his Ram help me out.
  3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Got home today... and was pleasantly surprised that some of my parts for my next upgrades are starting it arrive... woohoo.... :)))
  4. Outlaw38

Outlaw38 New Member

I fixed my tailgate latch, since I haven't been able to open in two weeks.
  5. James4012

James4012 Member

I spat on it as I passed by because I'm pissed that it won't run right for longer than a week >_> Of course deep down I just wish I could drive it again :(
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I:

• Loaded the truck, drove it 1.5 hours to my destination, and unloaded the contents into a storage bin
    • Routed a positive wire from the auxiliary battery to behind the glove box;
    • Fashioned a local ground and ran it to the same location;
    • Ordered a Power Magic Pro 12v uninterruptible switch for future connection to the two wires I just mentioned;
    • Formatted a 32GB class 10 SDHC card for my FineVu CR500-HD dash cam;
    • Tested and configured the dash cam;
    • Carefully removed a reflective black/gold sticker from the dash cam; and
    • Used a dremel and fine polishing wheel to remove the chrome from the dash cam's plastic bezels.
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

As I was driving to work Friday morning my overhead console decided to fall out of the ceiling. Today, I put it back up. Neither the screw nor the metal clip it goes into were stripped so I have no idea what caused it to fall out in the first place.
  8. SurrealOne

This morning I took the truck to a transmission mech who determined that I had a leaking rear seal, not a blow-by issue. He repaired that and also replaced the lines to the transmission cooler at my request since I recently noticed they had both begun to seep (very slowly) where the rubber met the hard line.

Once I got the truck back I pulled the grille off to inspect the mech's work and noticed the air guide had a missing clip (that had previously been there), so I secured it with a zip tie in order to prevent it from vibrating back/forth in place. I then reinstalled the grille, crawled under the truck, and cleaned the old tranny fluid from the underside of the truck so that I can keep a good eye on things to make sure the leak is, indeed, fixed.

While under the truck I also ran a piece of high visibility line from the rear air manifold (on the passenger side frame rail), along the crossmember over the drive shaft, to the point on the driver's side where the air tank carrier is to be installed. I cut this for use as a hose length template, as I need to have two hoses made.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  9. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe Member

Finally fixed my breaks. Replaced the bleeder valve(screw) on the caliper and all is well again. My mechanic said that I needed a new caliper since the screw was stripped (rounded off). It took me 20 minutes with a can of WD-40 Rust Penetrate, Vice Grips and a hammer to get the screw out. Feels like a new truck again.

On a side note, we are now looking for a new mechanic. We are becomming displeased wit the quality of work at our mechanics shop. We have dropped a couple hundred dollhairs on our Venture and problems still are present. We have a mechanic in mind but he is on the high side of the price chart, but we are learning we get what we pay for.

If you are ever in Cambridge Ohio and need mechanical work DO NOT go to Darryl's Automotive. I hate to say this because we have known him for nearly 20 years. It's sad......
  10. SurrealOne

Dollhairs? Eeeew!

:lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.