1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe New Member

You like that..........
  2. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

Yesterday I completed the 1.5" body lift. Today it got an oil change.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today I had a pair of 52" braided stainless steel pneumatic lines made for connecting the rear air manifold of the OBA project to the air tanks in the air tank carrier. I also picked up four 1/4" MPT to 1/4" FPT 90 degree fittings and four 1/4" MPT to 1/2" OD tube compression fittings. With a little luck (regarding the weather) this weekend I can finalize the air tank connections within the air tank carrier, install the air carrier under the truck, and connect it to the rear air manifold.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

drove through some sand and water to take a shorter way to work. with the storm we had last night some sand drifted accross the main road on post and the mps closed the road. so rather then going the super long way around, i cut thru a little area i know of and saved a few miles.

Alex
  5. SurrealOne

This morning I crawled under the truck to check the transmission for signs of continued fluid loss, as I suspected she was still dripping but couldn't be sure across the last two days (due to rain). Sadly, she's still leaking ... and it is, in fact, about 3-4 times worse than prior to having the work done.

I contacted the shop that did the work (which is, of course, warranted) and set up a time to bring the truck back. I also checked the trans fluid level just to be sure it was still in good shape.

Bleah. So much for air tank carrier installation, this weekend.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  6. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

today I ordered a spare set of clear depo headlights (for my proper HID retrofit) and the morimoto H1 projector retrofit HID kit! cant wait to get on this mod when i get it

depo headlights clear ($84.00 on amazon)
    morimoto h1 retrofit kit ($300.00 from the retrofitsource.com + $8.50 for shipping insurance)
  7. SurrealOne

Will you be doing a write-up and photo documentation of this project?
  8. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

It's good to see proper retrofits being done. That's one of the things on my summer list for my truck. I miss my old HIDs but I want to do them the right time this time. And my projector fog light project was a good start on retrofitting to get some practice. Someday I'll get around to replacing the plastic projector shrouds I made with metal ones since the plastic melted and post some pictures up.

My truck has been mostly sitting lately, but I got it out for a drive yesterday and really enjoyed the tweaks I made to the performance tune.
  9. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

I drove it today like I normally do, waiting for GM's high quality rack and pinion to fall off the truck :)
  10. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

hell yes I will be!
    LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Yep and I learned the hard way, by buying one of the ebay projector headlights and it worked alright, BUT the output was just horrible...

On a side note I passed inspection today :)
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.